Question About the AppStore(and apps storage)

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find my answer in the The Similar threat Scanner that comes up :p

this is my question then, when in the marketplace you download the app ect.. is installed.
Now being that yes it is 2.1 Eclair im running, the app will not be in the SD(App2SD), but my question is where does the apk downloads itself to?
i checked around the SD and it seems to have it placed in the Downloads folder.
But when i remove the SD card and try to bring up the Marketplace it will still download and install which ever app i choose.

Where does this apk save itself to? and if it does, is it only used and then erase after the installation finishes? or is it stored somewhere in the phone memory?
I'd like to know this so i can access that folder(directory) and clear it out of the .apk from the phone internal storage ;).
Thank you!
Kiko

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't find my answer in the The Similar threat Scanner that comes up :p

this is my question then, when in the marketplace you download the app ect.. is installed.
Now being that yes it is 2.1 Eclair im running, the app will not be in the SD(App2SD), but my question is where does the apk downloads itself to?
i checked around the SD and it seems to have it placed in the Downloads folder.
But when i remove the SD card and try to bring up the Marketplace it will still download and install which ever app i choose.

Where does this apk save itself to? and if it does, is it only used and then erase after the installation finishes? or is it stored somewhere in the phone memory?
I'd like to know this so i can access that folder(directory) and clear it out of the .apk from the phone internal storage ;).
Thank you!
Kiko

Im not clear on what your goal is but for apps that come with the phone the directory is
System/app

and for downloaded apps
Data/app

Hope that helps, happy holiday

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Im not clear on what your goal is but for apps that come with the phone the directory is
System/app

and for downloaded apps
Data/app

Hope that helps, happy holiday

Thankd DroixCon, found them :)
Though i couldn't find the downloaded apps inside teh Data/App folder
only the installation side of System/App, if i delete lets say the Sprint TV or Nascar file from System/App does it fully remove the app? or just one part of it?
ty! because i wanna get rid of all this Sprintcrap that i wont use.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Kikoshi, - you can not get rid of the bundled Sprint software unless you are "rooted"

If you are able to uninstall a Sprint app, it will come back the next time you restart your phone, i.e, battery pull.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thankd DroixCon, found them :)
Though i couldn't find the downloaded apps inside teh Data/App folder
only the installation side of System/App, if i delete lets say the Sprint TV or Nascar file from System/App does it fully remove the app? or just one part of it?
ty! because i wanna get rid of all this Sprintcrap that i wont use.

well if you are rooted. my suggestion is never delete anything, rename the files from .apk to .bak this way you can just rename them back when you want to do an update. Deleting these files will force you to have to flash a stock rom later... if you are comfortable with that than go for it, but i think it is easier to just rename them and rename it back when its time.

Kikoshi

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
well if you are rooted. my suggestion is never delete anything, rename the files from .apk to .bak this way you can just rename them back when you want to do an update. Deleting these files will force you to have to flash a stock rom later... if you are comfortable with that than go for it, but i think it is easier to just rename them and rename it back when its time.

I agree with you on this, you're right.
renaming them at least will save me the time and trouble of finding a stock rom
Im still new to all this
thank you all for your inputs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110