Question on email.

AHAB

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Phones working great, but one thing is bugging me.

I cant check my email on my pc until i force close email engine on my phone.

Also there doesnt appear to be an option available to not delete emails on the server from the phone.

Seems like simple stuff, is there something im missing?

AHAB

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
When i used my og droid if i deleted emails it only deleted them from my phone, not the server. There was an option you could select to not delete from the server that appears to be missing in gingerbread.

Plus it locks me out of email on my PC until i force close email engine.

Hey, at least you responded!

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
When i used my og droid if i deleted emails it only deleted them from my phone, not the server. There was an option you could select to not delete from the server that appears to be missing in gingerbread.

Plus it locks me out of email on my PC until i force close email engine.

Hey, at least you responded!

NO idea what the locking you out of your PC would be about... but I think the option you're looking for only appears to be available when you're setting up the account. I did not let it 'automatically configure' my account, I entered the POP and SMTP servers myself and once you enter the POP server, there is an 'Other Settings' option that becomes available that asked you 'Delete messages older than:' with a dropdown that has choices of 1 Week, 2 Weeks, 1 Month, 2 Months, and 'Never Delete Messages'. I didn't think much of this, but when I set mine up i chose 'never delete messages'. There is also a checkbox below that dropdown that says "Remove manually deleted emails from the server" So, This makes me believe one of these 2 options may be doing it. Not sure how to get to this settings page without removing and re-adding your account.