Questions about Android from an iPhone user

Wybrem

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I love my iPhone (6s) but now is the 2nd time in 10 months that my battery drains so fast (55% to 18% in 1 hour of heavy use, 18% to 12% in 1 min standby) and the phone gets slow too!!!!! This is getting old real fast. The only apps I REGULARLY use are Apple Music, iMessage and Discord. I have some paid apps but they're for hobby mostly on iPad. I don't have a Facebook account or any other social media.

Now I am kinda thinking about switching. BUT I have NEVER owned an Android phone because last time I did own an Android tablet (Galaxy 3 10.1) it was out of the box so slow like the world has never seen. It never got any updates as well. So I replaced that with an iPad 2017.

Now atta time I bought my iPhone we we're at Android 6, I remember it because it finally added some privacy options that we BlackBerry and iPhone users had enjoyed for ages (which I care about a lot). Anyway what version are we at now? Like number, Android naming is foreign to me.

I'm thinking of swapping my iPhone for a BlackBerry PRIV, it's an older phone I know, but I paid nearly 1k for this iPhone and I'm just not doing that again. 300eur AT BEST. At the age of 25 I finally realize phones are worthless investments. The PRIV has a 3500mah battery which better be big enough this time, it's bigger than my iPad's!?

Which brings me to another thing, I spend little over 200eur on apps (to remove ads or support the dev).... Anyway can I carry them over to Android?

Do iMessage, iCloud and Apple Music exist on Android today? As I kinda paid for a year sub for Apple Music, rely on my iCloud storage as it works brilliant between my phone, ipad, pc, mac and appletv. I know only 1 person that uses whatsapp so it would suck to not have iMessage there.

What would you recommend to me, I was hoping for an iphone with a 4000mah battery but course not. Thanks in advance guys!?

TL;DR
-What Android version we at today? Number not name.
-Can I carry over my paid app collection to Android?
-Do iMessage, iCloud and Apple Music exist on Android today?
-Do Android phones get updates for longer than 1 year?
-What phones do you guys recommend up to 300eur.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Latest is Android 8, but not yet widely adopted.

2. No. Most often you have to buy them again. You can try talking to the developer but never heard of someone who succeeded.

3. Apple Music yes. iMessage no (and likely never will be).

4. Depends. flagships get 2 years plus 3yrs security patches. After that it's brand dependent. Some yes, some no.

5. Pixel 1.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness