Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

oyfoo

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Joe,
I've been with VZW since the old days of GTE-Sylvania. I have an old unlimited data plan which works fine on my 3 yr old Droid Bionic. Any way I can upgrade to a Droid Turbo without losing the unlimited data plan?

Panzer_GSD

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
New to the forum! I've been dealing with a dying Droid HD and after speaking with customer service, they felt it wasn't worth the effort of a factory reset and let me upgrade 5 weeks early! I wasn't prepared for it, so I didn't know what I wanted plus I was only given a couple options. (My DD and DGD wanted me to go to the dark side with them and get an iPhone, LOL) Tomorrow I will be getting the Droid in BN/64! I am getting excited! BUT . . . my concerns are getting a case for it. Almost all say NOT for the Ballistic Nylon. Thoughts / advice? I do see there is a thickness difference between the phones.

Last edited:

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
^^ Welcome! I think you made a great choice. I just upgraded from the Razr Maxx HD to the BN 64gb Turbo myself and can't wait to get it this week. I ordered the Lifeproof case, we'll see how it goes. I've read that the Otterboxes fit, and the Tech21, and that Diztronic is coming out with a BN version. Not sure about others.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Boy, I'm having a tough time trying to give Verizon about $6,500. Been in the local store several times. I talked to a sales rep that seemed knowledgeable and got his card, telling him he WILL hear from me on Dec. 1st (date my contract ends.) I called him yesterday on his cell (as instructed) and told him I would email him the details of what I want to do--trade in four phones, get four new Droid Turbos on Edge with 10GB data on the More Everything Plan. He said he was working tomorrow (now today) and would contact me with a quote. Sent my email last night.

Haven't heard from him all day. Started getting into the evening so I called him. No answer. Left message. Then tried to call the store itself. What a joke.

"If you want to talk to a sales rep in the store, press 3." [pressed 3]
Three minutes later: "If you want to continue to hold for a sales rep in the store press 1." [pressed 1]
Three minutes later: "All of our sales people are busy assisting customers. GOOD BYE." [hangs up on me.]

Called the store again and went through the same hoops just to confirm Verizon has now won the crown for the best customer avoidance system I've ever encountered. They hang up on you! Sent a text to the sales rep. That was an hour ago. The store closes in 25 minutes. I just want to give you $6,500 over the next 24 months. Why do you make it so hard?

Panzer_GSD

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Well I got my phone today. Had issues saving to the cloud so I ended up going to the local Verizon store and had them do it. I also had them put on a screen protector and then went for the Incipio case. Was going to go with basic black but went with the blue. Dealt with the manager and he discounted both! :) Ended up about $48. There just isn't much out there. Of course he told me of "the customer" who didn't protect his phone and came back 2 weeks later with a broken Turbo. (probably not so, but, it could happen)
On a side note, I over heard talk about some problem with the iPhone 6's . . . :eek:

Proctous

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Just got my Droid Turbo Black Ballistic Nylon 32gb yesterday. So far it's pretty dang nice. upgraded from Windows phone(Nokia Icon), just didn't have the app support or google services support i needed. Only a few gripes so far like contacts no syncing correctly or missing photos to numbers. maybe someone has an answer for that.

cangrejon

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
hi all;

friends, a question
I was given a DROID TURBO but how can I know if it is "CERTIFIED Like New" or "completely new - unused".

Thank You

RJ_Butler

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
The carrier you activate it on can tell you if it's been activated before. I'd recommend that you stay away from phones that say anything along the lines of certified unused. My mom bought a Galaxy S4 mini that said that, and when we were activating it, the Verizon rep told us that it had been activated before.

eams1986

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

apparently not a telephony is compared to the TURBO is the best in all areas other than the company makes it even stronger.

Thanks guys for sharing

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Tomorrow I will be getting the Droid in BN/64! I am getting excited! BUT . . . my concerns are getting a case for it. Almost all say NOT for the Ballistic Nylon. Thoughts / advice? I do see there is a thickness difference between the phones.

Verizon gave me a case when I got my Turbo and the thing was bulky and ugly. After that I decided to go commando with mine, because it looks great and it feels awesome when I hold it. Plus with the Kevlar back it's quite the conversation piece (people are always asking if they can hold it, then going 'oooh' ... 'ahh'). Nine out of ten times they want a Turbo, too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire