Questions on TMO rebate for purchasing Note & S8

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I've never done a purchase/rebate before so just asking for help understanding how it works. There's probably a simpler way to explain all this so I apologize if I've over done it. I checked on the TMO website where you can see if you have any promos you qualify for and it said there weren't any so maybe all this is for nothing.

According to the info on the TMO website, one must open a new line of service to purchase a Note 8 and get an $800 rebate on an S8. Since we are already a customer and don't need a new line, does this mean we could not take part in this promo?

So, is this then how the phone rebate works? We purchase a Note 8 and an S8, we have payment plans then for each device ($60 added onto our monthly bill for 24 mos). I'd have to put $210 + tax down for the Note and they add $30 per month to our bill currently $169 month = $199 month for 24 mos for the payment plan. Then $80 down + tax for an S8 and add another $30 per month to our bill so now $229 per month. Correct?

By the time we'd get the rebate we should have already paid like 2 months or so on both phones plus already have put down the $290 to purchase. So with that $800 rebate I then could pay off the S8 which would drop the existing $229 per month to $199 for the duration of the 24 months and should also pay 2 (or so) of the payments on the Note 8 because we'd not owe the full $800 on the S8 by the time the rebate comes, correct?

Currently we're not on the autopay, I hate autopay. We have 3 his/hers/my hotspot phone and my smartwatch phone so that's 4 lines. From what I can tell IF I choose to switch to autopay would I save $5 per month or $20 per month? Since it's one account with everything billed on it, I'm thinking just $5 per month. It's a ripoff to charge $5 per device on one account for billing is my thought. So by going on autopay I could reduce our bill by either $5 or $20 per month. If it's $20 our monthly bill should then be $179 instead of $199 for the duration of the 24 months, correct?

Bottom line, by doing the purchase with rebate our monthly bill would go from $169 to $179 per month after the S8 is paid for if I switch to autopay. Correct?

Since we are already customers in good standing would they do a credit check AGAIN?
We have great credit and I just don't want another hit to the credit rating for a credit check. Plus I froze it after the Equifax thing so I'd have to unfreeze it. Although they say current accounts are supposed to have access to it but I had to unfreeze to purchase my car yesterday and my loan both was for trade-in and is for new SUV through Ford Credit so they *should* have been able to get my score w/o me thawing the account temporarily but it didn't.

We did take advantage of the Netflix on Us thing so that might disallow us from all other promos? Yes? No?

Grateful for your help!

Deb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali