questions

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I was looking at getting this phoenix for my kids. As they have upgrades and with vzw. They've been using hand me downs but they are now not functioning right.

Is it a decent phone?
Shatter proof glass?
Is there good cases for durability?
Battery life? I have one who is a gamer
Camera quality?

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at getting this phoenix for my kids. As they have upgrades and with vzw. They've been using hand me downs but they are now not functioning right.

Is it a decent phone?
Shatter proof glass?
Is there good cases for durability?
Battery life? I have one who is a gamer
Camera quality?

It's better than decent imo, flagship specs and lag free due to minimal Moto software.

It's a shatterproof screen, but isn't glass. I'd recommend the Verizon flexible screen protector since it's more prone to scratches.

Yes, plenty of case options on Amazon and in Verizon store. Tech21 makes a good one as well. There's other threads on the cases topic.

Awesome battery life.

Great camera quality. Not the best in low light but definitely acceptable.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the moto z less prone to scratches than the same screen used on the Turbo 2? Wondering if it is just hype or the truth.

And nice part is if you don't use a screen protector, the outer layer can be replaced just like a screen protector but does cost about 30 bucks.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh god yes it's a decent phone. It's far more than just decent. It's the best one I've used recently, and I've been using the S7 edge, iPhone 7 Plus (sold that), and Pixel XL (returned).

Yes, it does have shatter proof glass, although I'd get a screen protector because the shattershield scratches more easily.

Yes, the Incipio Performance case (Level 4) is great for durability and pocketability. Don't buy it at a Verizon store, though. Get it on Amazon for half the price.

Battery life is amazing, especially when you add the battery mod to the phone! Get the wireless charging battery mod so you can, uh, charge it wirelessly. I put the battery mod on my phone this morning when both the phone and mod were at 100%, and the power on the phone is at 100% while the battery mod is at 52%, with about an hour of screen on time.

Camera quality is amazing, just one point behind the S7 edge in the DxOMark scores (87 for the Z Force Droid vs 88 for the S7 edge)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts