Quick Connect - battery drain

skomes

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there a good program for an unrooted phone to see what's eating up your battery? The standard one just displays "Android OS" which isn't very helpful.
Yes, use Systempanel in the app store.

Then go into the app and turn on monitoring, it will then monitor each process running including those that are a part of Android OS.

Betterbatterystats also has more detailed information.

I am currently having the same issue as you are, my Android OS/Android System are destroying my battery life and I'm not sure why. It might be because I imported some kind of problem from my S3 or it might be something new, so I am currently running Systempanel to try and figure it out. Sometimes just random apps or events or bugs trigger problems. Try using Systempanel to diagnose problems, also use Wakelock Detector from the Play Store to detect wakelocks which can cause problems.

Last edited:

DCRicky

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Power device off. Hold Home and Volume Up. Press Power until device turns on. Release Home and Volume Up once Recovery Menu appears. Select Wipe Cache Partition using Volume Down and tap Power. Once that completes tap Power to select Reboot Now.

Had the same issue. Went from above 40 to 15% in less than an hour while not using the phone. Nightmare situation to lose phone at work. Tried the steps above to see if that fixes the issue. I also turned off 'always ready to connect'

Derek Glantz

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Had the same issue. Went from above 40 to 15% in less than an hour while not using the phone. Nightmare situation to lose phone at work. Tried the steps above to see if that fixes the issue. I also turned off 'always ready to connect'

Any luck with this? My phone just started doing this today after 2 weeks of awesome battery power. Hoping that this is just a temporary glitch

Derek Glantz

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I followed the above instructions, fully charged my phone, and left it overnight. When I checked it this morning, there was no sign of quick connect. Battery life is good.

Derek Glantz

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Quick connect is some stupid file sharing service built-in to the sg5. It has been giving some, me included trouble with draining the battery at a crazy pace. Read above posts for more

Wayren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Wiping cache partition didn't work. Issue reappeared over the weekend. I did however receive the tiny update for AT&T S5's that supposedly is just crapware. It seemed to reset Quick Connect to some degree, so I'm leaving "Always ready to connect" off and we shall see how it behaves now.

Wayren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Issue popped up again this morning. I guess I'll try Samsung's support folks again. Not impressed with the experience thusfar. Pretty sure I'm going to stick to Nexus phones from here on out from now on. Having to wrestle with OEM bloat that destroys my battery like nothing I've ever encountered before has kind of soured branded devices for me. If this keeps up I'm just going to wipe the damn thing and throw a different ROM on it.

freeideasguy

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue. Quick connect is draining 70% of the battery
I am live chatting with Samsung right now and they have no clue what even Quick Connect is. Great support for a $600 phone!

Has anyone found any solution. my phone is not rooted.

Angi Bellingar

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get ANYTHING transferred over from my iPhone when I switched and I have to re-set-up everything after a factory reset as well. You are lucky if you just use it the way it comes set to factory defaults!

Angi Bellingar

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get ANYTHING transferred over from my iPhone when I switched and I have to re-set-up everything after a factory reset as well. You are lucky if you just use it the way it comes set to factory defaults!

My quick connect is always on and I can't seem to turn it off either. Also, I have stopped all the processes and they keep coming back as well... so frustrating! My iPhone never did this stuff... Did I just pick a bad time to convert??

Wayren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Issue continues. Done caring. I am so over this piece of crap. Support doesn't have any idea what it is or how to support it the three times I've contacted them now. I'm never buying a Samsung phone ever again.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Issue continues. Done caring. I am so over this piece of crap. Support doesn't have any idea what it is or how to support it the three times I've contacted them now. I'm never buying a Samsung phone ever again.

Agree that Samsung support is trash, but don't give up on the product, since my post, I have noticed significantly better battery life. This is what I did:
-Disabled quick connect
-Disabled hangouts, print services and any carrier services (in my case, any T-Mobile service or bloatware)
-turned power saving mode on to only restrict performance (cpu performance and screen output)
-turn off all air gestures
-turned off all moron gestures except for swipe screen capture
-disable S voice on double pressing the home button
-the only notification icons turned on are wifi (when available), screen rotation and sync
-use a dark wallpaper for both home screen and lock screen
-keep the screen brightness down when you can (mine is usually always lower than 25% except for when I'm outdoors or watching a YouTube video.)
-lastly, close out of any programs that you're not using for a while

Hope this helps out a bit...

I started this past Saturday at 9am with 100%, used the phone's gps all day when driving, used the camera while at a wedding, made calls and sent texts, got back home around 10pm and still had over 30% battery left.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

Joseph Piette

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I thought that my reset worked, but now it is doing it again! It only happens in certain places (like my office at work), and if I turn off location and wifi it resolves the issue. Still very frustrating though.

Joseph Piette

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I got a Firmware Update this morning that might have fixed the issue. I know I have said this before... but it's been on for 8.5 hours today with normal usage, and I'm still in the mid 80s on battery with no "quick connect" to be found. (I'm on Tmobile, btw)

Anyone else get the update and see improvements?

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
No update for me on att, my gs5 did this to me tonight while at a orioles game.. First time and I've had mine since launch... I dunno how it popped up or anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463