Quick responses and Call questions

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
1. Does anyone know how when a call comes in to do a quick response? I used this feature a lot where when I was on a call or doing something on the phone and didn't want to stop ,I could touch the screen and a menu came up where you could send a quick text response.

2. Does anyone know how to make making a call a one step process? With MM now when I have to make a call I have to select a contact, that brings up the dialer with the number, and then hit the call button. It used to be select a contact and it would make the call. (unless there were multiple numbers for that contact and a primary was not selected)
Thanks for any help

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
1. Does anyone know how when a call comes in to do a quick response? I used this feature a lot where when I was on a call or doing something on the phone and didn't want to stop ,I could touch the screen and a menu came up where you could send a quick text response.

2. Does anyone know how to make making a call a one step process? With MM now when I have to make a call I have to select a contact, that brings up the dialer with the number, and then hit the call button. It used to be select a contact and it would make the call. (unless there were multiple numbers for that contact and a primary was not selected)
Thanks for any help
1. When you get a call there should be an option to ignore. If you press that there may be an option to send a text, which you can also customize to say whatever you like.

2. You can add a widget to the home screen for a particular contact. This may help for contacts you call regularly. However, it won't help if you need to dial a number stored in your contacts that is not saved as a widget. What you can also do is open the dialer app and press the first few letters of the persons name. This will bring up suggestions, eventually narrowing down to a particular contact that matches the input.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
1. When you get a call there should be an option to ignore. If you press that there may be an option to send a text, which you can also customize to say whatever you like.

2. You can add a widget to the home screen for a particular contact. This may help for contacts you call regularly. However, it won't help if you need to dial a number stored in your contacts that is not saved as a widget. What you can also do is open the dialer app and press the first few letters of the persons name. This will bring up suggestions, eventually narrowing down to a particular contact that matches the input.

Let us know if this helps or if you have any other questions.
I appreciate your advice.
1. From my experience pressing the ignore button only disconnects the call with no option to send a text.

2. In my case a run a business and make about 100+ calls a day. Putting contacts on my home screen would be chaotic. I do like your suggestion about the dialer but I'm still hitting multiple numbers before getting to the contact I need. Doesn't sound like much but when you make that many phone calls a day it eats up a lot of time. I have favorites setup but you can only do so many before every contact is under favorites. Also they can call through at any time weather on sleep mode or not and I need off-time when I'm done working

Posted via the Android Central App

Hgouck

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Nova launcher has one step call buttons/widgets. Work great

I have used Nova a couple times in the passed and have always gone back to the default launcher. The widgets will set up a contact to call but I believe I would still end up searching for different contacts defeating the point. I don't just call a few people a day repeatedly, I may call 30 - 40 different contacts every work day

Posted via the Android Central App