Quick Settings list in settings (Note PRO 12.2) Android 5.0.2

AceHandler

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
My Galaxy Note IV has a customizable list in the Settings group entitled "Quick Settings". I've added some favorites to the list - excellent, really speeds up navigation within the myriad of Settings. I want to do the same thing on my Note PRO 12.2 but can't find a way to do that - has anyone else figured out how to do that? For instance I want a favorite for Storage so I can quickly unmount my USB stick. Hope someone's fingered this out...I apologize if this thread has already been posted - I couldn't find any listing for it in 'Search'.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
None that I know of, the settings application on the Note Pro aggregates settings into pages rather than a long running list like on the Note 4 and other phones. Its irritating but thankfully I don't have to dive into settings too often so I just deal with it.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Some customisation can be done by pulling down the notifications panel from the top of the screen and then tapping the button in top right corner. The panel will now include a pencil icon in the top right corner.
Pro Notification panel.png
Pro Notification panel 2.jpg
Tapping this then takes you to the Settings Device page, but with a choice of which buttons to include or exclude from the pull-down.

Using the Notifications panel is sometimes quicker than going through the main settings app.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Right, as with other devices the quick tiles can be customized, but I believe that the OP is referring to the actual Settings menu. On the Note Pro the settings menu is a series of 4 tabs (Connections, Device, Controls, General ) whereas on the Note 4 phone is a long list of settings grouped on one screen and a user can select certain favorite entries to float to the top.

madaudio

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually just reading the original post, unmounting a drive can be done from the drop-down notification panel without going into settings. When an OTG drive is attached, the drop-down panel includes an additional panel to unmount any attached usb storage device.

Unmount.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melseywag