Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Are there any cons to buying a phone through rs? Last time i bought a phone from a store that was not the carrier store it was years ago through a place in my local mall. And it turned out there was a stipulation where if i cancelled my contract early i owed them 500 and i owed cingular the etf as well. It was my fault for not reading the fine print. Just want to make sure its nothing like that.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Are there any cons to buying a phone through rs? Last time i bought a phone from a store that was not the carrier store it was years ago through a place in my local mall. And it turned out there was a stipulation where if i cancelled my contract early i owed them 500 and i owed cingular the etf as well. It was my fault for not reading the fine print. Just want to make sure its nothing like that.

Nope. Unless you consider instant rebates, free accessories, and shorter lines to be cons :p

evilgenyus

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Unless you consider instant rebates, free accessories, and shorter lines to be cons :p

Lol sure dont thanks. Just wanted to be sure. Im gonna pay the etf to get out of my at&t contract to get this phone. I like at&t service but I feel like the 69.99 unlimited plan is better than any at&t plan whether or not i have to pay the 10 dollar premium data fee or not. The sad part is i just found about this phone 2 days ago and im hooked. I never thought i would go back to htc as i despised the tilt 2, but i guess bc it was on winmo.

paidndade

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This thread is making me want to go to rs and preorder (already did at bb)

Seems like they taking preorders more seriously doing credit checks instead of just putting my name on a paper!

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for helping out bp3dots! I I was out of the house for a few hours and posts backed up a bit lol.

Just want to reiterate, as you and others have said, if you already have a sprint account and are upgrading, there is NO credit check. The credit checks are only for new customers.

Zakley

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. My question: If I pre ordered already, should I be able to switch the inventory hold to a different store? Like, tomorrow, not on 6/3.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the info. My question: If I pre ordered already, should I be able to switch the inventory hold to a different store? Like, tomorrow, not on 6/3.

Your best bet would be to try arrange for the store you ordered from to ship your's to the store you want to pick it up at...but TBH that screws over the guy who would be getting the commission at the original store, and may not get to the store you want it to by release day.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Questions. For that $20 credit, do i have to spend when i get the phone? If so, what about there were nothing really good I can pick up?

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Questions. For that $20 credit, do i have to spend when i get the phone? If so, what about there were nothing really good I can pick up?

In our area its required to be used at time of purchase or essentially be lost. Way around it, pick something up like a car charger. Return it for something different later on.

Questions i have are:

-does RS accept old Sprint phones for any sort of credit ( although , i doubt they do , probably Sprint store only ).
Glad Sprint finally came up with a respectable Android phone . Hero is nice , but just not quite what i was looking for .

Yes, goto radioshack.com
they have a trade advisor program on the website to tell you values for items they accept.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just hope RS will have some good screen protector and case at the release date.

We have some solid universals that work pretty well. Pre-cut ones are usually better, but still. Honestly the quality of a screen protector is more dependent on the person putting it on than the protector itself. ;)

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This thread is making me want to go to rs and preorder (already did at bb)

Seems like they taking preorders more seriously doing credit checks instead of just putting my name on a paper!

LOL! I'm like you, after reading this thread and others, I have decided to bypass the new iPhone HD, and get the HTC Evo 4g. I figure it's 2yrs, and by that time, who knows if there's something better come out.

So I drove to my local RS just 15min before they close to sign up for the pre-order. I feel good now!

Btw, if you order 2 Evo, you will get 2 $20 accessories credit when you pickup the phone.. Just want to share this for people who might have question on it.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
We have some solid universals that work pretty well. Pre-cut ones are usually better, but still. Honestly the quality of a screen protector is more dependent on the person putting it on than the protector itself. ;)

Hahaha...seems like a decent job to do. I do like those pre-cut ones. Maybe car dock is not bad choice too.

apexi350z

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Employer discount

I asked the RS manager about Employer Discount, he said after I pickup the phone, I will need to contact Sprint Customer Service, and they will apply the discount, after verification (whatever that means). The store does not apply the discount when pre-order, or when you pickup the phone.

This may be different if you are already Sprint customer, but I'm signing up as new account.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I asked the RS manager about Employer Discount, he said after I pickup the phone, I will need to contact Sprint Customer Service, and they will apply the discount, after verification (whatever that means). The store does not apply the discount when pre-order, or when you pickup the phone.

This may be different if you are already Sprint customer, but I'm signing up as new account.

It may be different in your area, but we definitely can add discounts. We add them when we run credit, but that's the only time we can do it. Once the account is created, which happens automatically after the credit check, you have to contact sprint to add it.

vWvSTATICvWv

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So RS does the credit check and whatnot the day of preorder? That's smart, cause they didn't do that at BB when i went. I even asked the guy, how come you don't get this done with now? Instead you're gonna have tons of people waiting to set up contracts on launch. His response was, "Because then there'd be 2 credit checks ran, one today and one on launch day. It's not good to run your credit so many times a year". I said im aware of this, but i still don't see the logic?? LoL

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread...Im aware it's about RS. Sorry :)

Jae_Bucks

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been with sprint for a few years and have never bought a phone from anywhere else but sprint. I am currently eligible for an upgrade and will purchase the EVO.

What exactly are the advantages of buying a phone from Radio Shack instead of at a Sprint store? (Thanks FinalJenemba)

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been with sprint for a few years and have never bought a phone from anywhere else but sprint. I am currently eligible for an upgrade and will purchase the EVO.

What exactly are the advantages of buying a phone from Radio Shack instead of at a Sprint store? (Thanks FinalJenemba)

No mail in rebate, you leave paying $199. Plus you get a $20 accessory credit. And, at least based on my experience with sprint stores, we usually offer better service, but that's more of a store by store thing.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So RS does the credit check and whatnot the day of preorder? That's smart, cause they didn't do that at BB when i went. I even asked the guy, how come you don't get this done with now? Instead you're gonna have tons of people waiting to set up contracts on launch. His response was, "Because then there'd be 2 credit checks ran, one today and one on launch day. It's not good to run your credit so many times a year". I said im aware of this, but i still don't see the logic?? LoL

P.S. Sorry to hijack the thread...Im aware it's about RS. Sorry :)

Really? That's what they're doing? I don't know about them, but in our system when we run a credit check its good for 30 days, we wont have to run anyone's credit twice for a pre-order. I cant imagine why BB wants to run credit for all those pre-orders on launch day, jesus that's gonna be a mess.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4