random missed texts

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Overall I like my Note9 (upgraded from Note5) but one problem is driving me nuts... I miss about 30% of my incoming txt messages. I have done multiple tests from various people, they send me 10 mags and I in variably miss 2 or 3 or 4. I have had this happen with both the stock msgs app and the Verizon messages+ app. On wifi or cellular. I wiped the cache, removed the history , swapped the SIM card, tried it in safe mode etc.

I have had an open ticket with Verizon for about a week, they assured me it would be fixed in 3 days, but a week later nothing. I would have returned it by now but the 14 day window ran out waiting on the promised fix.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 2454.jpg
    2454.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 27

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Overall I like my Note9 (upgraded from Note5) but one problem is driving me nuts... I miss about 30% of my incoming txt messages. I have done multiple tests from various people, they send me 10 mags and I in variably miss 2 or 3 or 4. I have had this happen with both the stock msgs app and the Verizon messages+ app. On wifi or cellular. I wiped the cache, removed the history , swapped the SIM card, tried it in safe mode etc.

I have had an open ticket with Verizon for about a week, they assured me it would be fixed in 3 days, but a week later nothing. I would have returned it by now but the 14 day window ran out waiting on the promised fix.

Any ideas?
I wish I had your answer, but your story is a good lesson in not getting strung along past return windows. Also, don't get strung out by the 60 day credit card dispute window if it applies. If you paid for a working device on a credit card, and the device is not as advertised and defective, many credit cards will open a dispute ticket. My main card allows it in their application.
This is part of the Consumer Protection Act. Use it if you can.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
The fact it was reported A WEEK AGO could help in getting it exchanged, yes?

Defect in SIM card and activation process? I know AT&T is funny that way. Phone calls worked but not wifi calling until they entered IMEI into their system.

Richard Stewart79

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
I had this problem on my note 8, 4 months ago. Turned out to be a bad sim card. The carrier even had me run tests and they did something in their end b4 determining it was the sim card went bad

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I did swap the sim card to no avail.

vz is promising to make it right even if it means swapping the phone so hopefully they will get it shorter out.