Random Reboots after updating to Pie - Verizon

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So I got my Pie update last week on Verizon. My Note 9 now randomly reboots, several times per day. It did it an hour ago while I was on a phone call. It does it when I am not even using it and it's sitting on a table sometimes.

Anyone else seeing this? I tried clearing the cache partition, no luck. I really, really , really don't want to have to go through a hard reset if possible.

Let me know if anyone has heard anything or experiences similar issues. Thanks.

Edit: If I do try a hard reset .. If I use Samsung Smart Switch on my PC to backup first, then do a reset, then do a Restore after, what kinds of things will I lose?

Last edited:

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems like a hard reset is your only option at this point.
It you backup to samsung and goggle, I think the only thing you'll have to do is log back into each app and set them up.
Samsung should set your home screens back up.
Some apps will recall your preferences after login.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It seems like a hard reset is your only option at this point.
It you backup to samsung and goggle, I think the only thing you'll have to do is log back into each app and set them up.
Samsung should set your home screens back up.
Some apps will recall your preferences after login.

Thanks, that's what I figured. If Samsung restores all the apps and the home screens, that's probably 1/2 the battle for me (I have 150+ apps). I do use Google products (Photos, contacts, etc) so I will be fine there.

I am gonna give the Reset a shot, as it's getting worse now. Thanks.

Erik Salas

Apr 18, 2019
Visit site
So I got my Pie update last week on Verizon. My Note 9 now randomly reboots, several times per day. It did it an hour ago while I was on a phone call. It does it when I am not even using it and it's sitting on a table sometimes.

Anyone else seeing this? I tried clearing the cache partition, no luck. I really, really , really don't want to have to go through a hard reset if possible.

Edit: If I do try a hard reset .. If I use Samsung Smart Switch on my PC to backup first, then do a reset, then do a Restore after, what kinds of things will I lose?

I am having the same problem on my Verizon Note 8 after updating to Pie. Let me know if the factory reset fixes the issue or not.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Verizon Note 8 after updating to Pie. Let me know if the factory reset fixes the issue or not.

It did not unfortunately.

After lots of trouble shooting, mine turned out to be one of my apps (Business Calendar 2) when a reminder notification triggered. I uninstalled the app and have had no issues since.

It was super frustrating until I discovered what it was. It could be one of your apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Make sure you dont have application like substratum or swift installer causing this
Edit : seen you got it fixed