Rapid Charge on Essential phone requires to insert cable twice?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi guys, on my Essential phone, for rapid Charging i need to insert the power lead to the phone, pull it out and insert it again and then rapid charging starts, otherwise is charging slowly. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, on my Essential phone, for rapid Charging i need to insert the power lead to the phone, pull it out and insert it again and then rapid charging starts, otherwise is charging slowly. Is this normal?

Thanks for any help

I've had this happen, but haven't noticed it since I've been on 8.1 Oreo. Are you running that?

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
this happens for me in any QC charger. I guess this phone doesn't technically support quick charge. my USBc power delivery car charger works every time though.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Ruled out cable, charger, an issue with the USBC data port.

Seems perfect here, one month old. Updated from 7.1.11 to 8.1 on first day. Using a Samsung wireless charger, Anker 5-port, an Apple 29W USBC to USBC (ideal).

Deefadog06

May 1, 2018
Visit site
Since the last update - OPM1.180104.166. It seems to be fine now, but i will monitor it, thanks for the help peeps! much appreciated!

jkois

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I found this to happen during initial connection, then a couple seconds later it changes from "charging slowly" to "charging rapidly". Maybe that is your issue???