Razr Maxx stuck in USB host mode?

sinkoman

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Having a strange problem with my phone atm.

The other day I tried connecting to my PC (Win 7) to try and root my phone, only to find that my computer wouldn't recognize the phone. I've had this problem once before with my old Droid X, and that was due to me accidentally reversing the power lines on a homemade USB Host cable, which ultimately fried the USB port.

I thought maybe something similar had happened, as i've been using another homemade Host cable for charging the phone lately. This cable had never given me problems in the past, but I thought maybe something came lose and shorted. However, using that same cable, I can connect a mouse or a keyboard to my phone no problem, so I know that the USB port is still working.

I thought it might be the cable I was using, but I just bought a fresh one and it's doing the same thing: I'll hear the Win 7 device connected tone go off twice, but it won't show up with the rest of my drives, and the USB connection icon won't show up in the status bar on the phone, although the phone charges fine.

Tried factory reset, didn't help.

Also tried it on two different computers, and no dice. All the computers have the Motorola Device Manager installed. Both comps are also Macbooks running OS X. I ran adb on one of them, and even that isn't recognizing the phone.

Oh and i'm running ICS.

Any ideas?