Received my S7 Edge today (dunno how), unboxing and questions

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried bluetooth headset?
Can you get it to automatically read your text messages out loud.
Does it have SVoice?

Posted from Android Central

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
No its not if you want to use 3rd party apps (like me).

I believe they said during the keynote that they made the APIs public so developers can work on taking advantage of edge features, I was hoping that would extend to the always on display as well.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I believe they said during the keynote that they made the APIs public so developers can work on taking advantage of edge features, I was hoping that would extend to the always on display as well.
Hopefully. Another question is will developers support them

SprintFun

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if the same limitations are on the G5 as well. I imagine from a dev point if view that there needs to be a critical mass of people wanting/using a feature to make it worthwhile to include it. If always on displays become the next big trend that will only help the user, regardless of the device

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I think G5 always on display will show notifications from all the apps...

Samsung should have done it the same way as Motorola has done, justa a notification system listener.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I do agree! I'm fine with my battery life really. As long as it gets me through the day comfortably I'm happy.

Posted via the Android Central App

puddlejumper32

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
So I got my Galaxy S7 Edge today. Yes, it's the real deal. I don't know what my local carrier has done (mistake or special deal) but I received an email yesterday that my parcel was shipped. And today it was ready for pickup from our parcel point. I live in Finland and we dont really get the devices here first ever, so this is somewhat really really special case here.

So I did a little unboxing video :

https://youtu.be/csj5BDMZuFs

Sorry for the little low quality, my camera was acting up for some reason.

I am also happy to answer all questions you have. Still haven't had a much time with the new beast.
I wish the U.S. (Verizon) would ship early but they're probably putting their crap on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord