Recent apps button on Note 5 is not working, why?

A

AC Question

Recent apps button on Note 5 is not working

The recent apps option on Note 5 just stopped working. Tried wiping cache and all still no luck. Any idea?

aidy11550

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Recent apps button on Note 5 is not working

Try a hard reset by pressing and holding the power button and home button for around 10 seconds. If that doesn't work try a full factory reset.

If neither of the above things work then you might have to take the phone to a Samsung store located near you or phone them up and they will send you free packaging to send it off.

Cheers
Aidan

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site

I have not seen this, please let us know what you discover. Hope it's easily fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

The recent apps option on Note 5 just stopped working. Tried wiping cache and all still no luck. Any idea?

Maybe it was exposed to water or software is corrupt

An isolated specific software glitch is not plausibly a symptom of water or any other hardware damage. Nor does it usually suggest memory/storage corruption.

If you Google it, you'll see there have been many recent reports of the recent-apps problem across several Android products and carriers. I encountered it myself for the first time today--clicking on the Recent Apps button just gave a message saying "No recently used apps". I got them back by rebooting--not only did the recent apps feature start working again, but apps used from before the reboot were visible once again.

Some users have reported that the problem comes back whenever they use the "OK Google" feature, but I haven't seen that happen. So far, one reboot is all I've needed. But there's clearly an Android bug that's causing the problem.

Last edited:

Bpc7614

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Rebooting fixed my issue. However, it occurs more often after about a day or 2 of operation.
I am having the same issue with my note 5. Started a few weeks ago. Wiping the cache from the boot loader fixes it temporarily but issue returns within a few days. Hoping for a fix soon, as I constantly use the menu to task swop.

Hakrz

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I was receiving the "No recently used apps" message. Reboot fixed for an indeterminate amount of time. Then I noticed anytime I used Google Now is when the recent apps stop displaying apps and just give me that message. So I decided it might have something to do with that. I went under the Application Manager and found the "Google App". Forced Stopped. Clicked on Storage, then cleared cache. Then opened up my recent apps and they all were there! Then I went back and tried to use the Google Now. It sent me through the setup process again, but Recent Apps has been working like its supposed to be ever since. 3 or 4 days straight no problems with recent apps even after I used Google Now. Maybe this will help someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel