Recommend me a new Android phone.

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

My S7E is already a year and a half old and I want to buy a new flagship device.

My current list consists of: S8 (very good deal at Carphone Warehouse for £480), S9 and LG G7 ThinQ.

Out of these 3, i am most attracted to G7 ThinQ (never had an LG device and read about a bootloop issue a few years ago), but reading many negative opinions on it. What's the deal with that?

Also, what do you think of these 3? Feel free to recommend something else as well.

Thank you and appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Most new devices come under scrutiny when they are released. The Samsung devices go through it too.

If you can, try them out. Maybe something about each one will be prominent that will help you decide?

As for my opinion...I would say the S9. Newest one, and you won't have to worry about EOL for the phone for a while.

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I think the s8 sounds like a good deal. It's a brilliant phone, still flagship in many ways. Knowing Samsung's trends likely still has two years of software support too. The s9 is naturally 'better' but if what's better doesn't matter to much to you specifically, save money and get a bargain!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
(When checking the deal on CW's site, I got this. UP TO £20, mark you. I wouldn't sell my beloved G3 for twenty times that.)

d87d08b5c1e6c087c994ff6189cad4cf.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
With regards to the bootloop issue that LG faced, that issue primarily affected the G4. The G3 had the rare case here and there. So I'd imagine that the G7 would be at a "safe point" now; as LG must have worked out the kinks in previous iterations. I didn't hear of a bootloop trend with the G6 or the V-series.

I've used the G3 and loved it; and almost bought the V30 over my Pixel 2. I highly recommend the newest LG device if you are looking to try something new! Have you considered the V30? Let us know what you decide!

venom0706

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for all the recommendations!

I went with the LG G7 ThinQ - first LG device ever.

Should arrive tomorrow. Excited!

Last edited:

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

My S7E is already a year and a half old and I want to buy a new flagship device.

My current list consists of: S8 (very good deal at Carphone Warehouse for £480), S9 and LG G7 ThinQ.

Out of these 3, i am most attracted to G7 ThinQ (never had an LG device and read about a bootloop issue a few years ago), but reading many negative opinions on it. What's the deal with that?

Also, what do you think of these 3? Feel free to recommend something else as well.

Thank you and appreciated!

Hi, I had the S7 edge too and it was a great phone as are most high end devices. But, as an avid audiophile, I bought the LG V30 at launch and never looked back. Not only is the sound through headphones, fantastic, but no other phone comes close. It has a 32bit ESS Sabre quad dac. Unbeatable. It saves me having to carry around a separate DAP. As for the rest of the V30, it's just as good if not better than my S7 edge. I usually buy a new phone every year, but this oneay make it a lot further.