Redmi 10c contactless payment not working

valentinoacierno

Sep 13, 2022
Visit site
dear all, I bought 4 identical redmi 10c for me and my children and they are the same exact model and have the same hardware. anyway in 2 of them the contactless payment is missing even if they have NFC enabled. I mean, if I go under setting / connection and sharing, it is presente the toggle NFC but not the menu "contactless payment" (that it is present on the other 2 devices and it is correctly working with google pay"
On The to device affected with this problem, when I install the app google pay and i launch it, after it is open, it saying "Google pay is updating right now so you won´t able to access the app" and it is not possible to add any debit card
i also tried to put a debit card under the sensor of the redmi 10c, and the phone react with a sound exactly like the 2 phone that are not affected with the problem, so i suppose the hardware is working.
Do you have any suggestion?
the xiaomi support told me to go to the support center where i bought them, the problem is that I bought those in Italy and I live in the Faroe Islands where there is no support center for xiaomi at all
Please reply to this post or contact me to [Email redacted] if you have any suggestion

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain these devices are identical? Could it be that the ones that aren't working correctly were intended for a different region than the ones that are working? Look in the Settings>About Phone menu and compare the model numbers and firmware build numbers, as well as any other information there. Are they all the same?

Where did you buy the phones? Was it a major retailer, or some random independent seller?

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Check & compare these options value in Settings - My device - All specs : Android version, Android security update, MIUI version, Model, ...

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
they are perfectoly identical, same model hardware, and same kind of MIUI (for europe)
they were bought in italy in the same shop

Since you are sure that they are perfectoly identical, same model hardware, and same kind of MIUI, you can try the menu item, Restore NFC functionality, in Settings.

Restore NFC_1.jpg

Restore NFC_2.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non