Reducing contact list

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use a Samsung phone and I wish to reduce the number of contacts I have in the app I use to store my contacts. I wish to have only the contacts I use on a regular basis, e.g. my girlfriend, parents, friends, etc., and also contacts I think I will need, e.g. my bank, doctor's surgery, etc. However, I do not want to delete the contacts which I now regards as unimportant because I may wish to use them in the future. Is there a way of creating such a contact list on my phone while saving the unimportant contacts? Sorry in advance if there is a really obvious solution to this problem!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I use a Samsung phone and I wish to reduce the number of contacts I have in the app I use to store my contacts. I wish to have only the contacts I use on a regular basis, e.g. my girlfriend, parents, friends, etc., and also contacts I think I will need, e.g. my bank, doctor's surgery, etc. However, I do not want to delete the contacts which I now regards as unimportant because I may wish to use them in the future. Is there a way of creating such a contact list on my phone while saving the unimportant contacts? Sorry in advance if there is a really obvious solution to this problem!

You could start the names of the important contacts with the letter "A", that would put all those contacts at the top of the list. I'm not sure you can separate your contacts except alphabetically, or just remove the ones you don't need anymore. But someone smarter than me will come along with a better answer I'm sure ;) That's the neat thing about forums (especially this one), you'd be amazed at what the folks here know.

You should join :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could simply mark those contacts as Favorites (tap the Favorites star at the bottom left of the contact information screen). All of your Favorites should show up at the very top of your Contact list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny