[REF] Optimus S Pocket Bible v1.2

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the Optimus S Pocket Bible! Your source for jumping into the development community and keeping your device fresh! I'll try to keep it short and sweet. If you feel that a thread should be added to this post, don't hesitate to request it!

The Basics:

Rooting, etc.

[How-To] Root LG Optimus S
Rooting your device the old school way. This thread contains useful information on Optimus S drivers, ADB, and the JDK. Every new Optimus user should visit this thread.

[How-to] Guide to Rooting with software version LS670ZVC
Rooting your device the old school way for the update software.

[How-To] Root, Recovery, ROM without touching a computer
This is a wonderful guide to jump start your ROM flashing fever. It is also the easiest and fastest way to get rooted with a recovery.

[Super-App] LG Optimus S Control Center 1.0.016 UPDATED!!!
This Windows based application replaces many tedious jobs. One click warehouse!

Recovery

[Custom Recovery] Optimus S/ Thunderc-sprint
Here is the first custom recovery for the Optimus S. This will be your gateway to flashing random stuff all day! Includes installation instructions.

Clockwork Mod Recovery V. 0.5
This is a port of the clockwork mod recovery, as the title suggests. Similar to the first recovery, but with other cool stuff! Includes installation instructions.

[Custom Recovery] Xionia Clockwork (CWMA v1.2518.4)
This port of clockwork mod recovery has a few UI enhancements, safety checks, and other zefie goodness.

Unrooting and backing up

[How-To] Unroot your phone and return to stock
This is a great guide to restoring a stock state in case you brick your phone or need to bring it to the Sprint store for any reason.

[HOW-TO] Unbrick your phone using KDZ
This is another guide to restoring your device to stock, but is suited for the heavier bricks. If all else fails, KDZ!

Un-Brick method for SOME forms of brick

If KDZ is giving you trouble, this is the way to go! Confirmed working for many users. Also useful for downgrading to v9 from VC.

[HOW-TO] Nandroid Nonsense (BACK UP YOUR PHONE WITHOUT NANDROID!!)
Here is an alternative way to backing up and restoring your phone.

Custom ROMs:

Testing: Scott Pilgrim Awesomeness (CM7 Gingerbread) (Current: 02202011 Nightly)
That's right! Zefie ported CM 7 Gingerbread for the Optimus S! A must see / flash.

[ROM] ThundeROM
The first and most popular ROM for the Optimus S! Great performance as well as great support from the dev team.

[ROM] nROM
Another ROM for the Optimus S. It's fre$h!

Lego rom
This is a collaborative effort to produce a highly customizable ROM. It includes countless possibilities for the end user!

[ROM] VCROM
This ROM is specifically for baseband LS670MVC_60401001 ONLY! A ROM put together by zefie.

[ROM] Community_Build
This ROM serves two purposes: a base for developers as well as a method to return to stock. Very useful.

Custom kernels:

[OC Kernel] Xionia Kernel
This is a custom kernel that includes many optimizations as well as the ability to overclock.

Themes:

[THEMES] Request a port and download themes here.
In this thread you can pick up a theme that has been ported and request for a theme to be ported as the title suggests.

[HOW TO] Port a theme.
Want to take a shot at porting your very own theme? Check out this thread.

Useful information and guides:

Troubleshooting

[How-To] Troubleshoot bad battery life
Battery problems? See this thread for help.

[TIP] Battery Re-callibration
More battery troubleshooting. This is if your battery meter is way off.

Methods known to fix SD card issue/problem - mounting, unmounting
Read this if you are sick of the SD card unmounting.

Guides & Tips

[BRICK WARNING]Dont clear phone via Menu>Privacy after custom recovery[BRICK WARNING]
The thread title says it all. Don't do it!

[Exploit] Free wireless tethering (NO ROOT REQUIRED)
Get your wireless tether on in minutes! No fees!

[How-To] Regain App Space on Phone
Running out of space for applications? This guide is for you.

[HACK] PRL swapping.
Have bad service in your area? PRL hack will let you perma-roam!

All up in them guts. (Tearing apart your Optimus.)
If you ever need to dissemble your device and get it back together in one piece, check out this thread. Good for replacing screens, broken parts, etc.

Applications

Apps to help replace missing LED's on Optimus phones
Do you miss the LED notification light? Not anymore!

[APP] Roam Control Optimus (NO ROOT REQUIRED)
Do you often times find yourself in an area with bad service? This app is for you.

Accessories

Find accessories for your Optimus S here.

Last edited:

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow Nick...that's awesome.....the thread to end all threads...please say you'll keep this up to date, because it's an excellent "one-stop-shop" for our phone.

cmags

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Wow, looks like the whole forum! :p

Nah though, a very convenient list of all the threads of use, with good descriptions of whats in 'em and why they're of use. Keep it up!

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
This sucker is gonna get stuck somewhere (and i don't mean that how you're thinking!) I just need to figure out the how and where. The last thing i want is people visiting being greeted by a full page of stickies but at the same time if i sticky this then unstick other things, will those now dominate the thread and it's basically the same net-effect? Decisions decisions.

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
This sucker is gonna get stuck somewhere (and i don't mean that how you're thinking!) I just need to figure out the how and where. The last thing i want is people visiting being greeted by a full page of stickies but at the same time if i sticky this then unstick other things, will those now dominate the thread and it's basically the same net-effect? Decisions decisions.

Maybe leave the brick warning sticky and just remove everything else? Hmm idk though, just a suggestion.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

My suggestion would be Unsticky all the ROM/kernel threads, have a new (locked) Sticky that is called "Custom ROM's and Kernels" and has links to all ROM/kernel threads. Unsticky all Rooting and Recovery threads, have a new (locked) sticky called "Rooting and Recovery" with links to rooting, unrooting, and recovery threads. Leave the brick warning Sticky and sticky this.

Drops you from 8 stickies to 4.

O.a.T.

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Most other sites I frequent don't sticky the ROMs. Usually the currently active ones are frequented often enough with comments, questions, etc. to keep them at or near the top. The "basics" to everyone like rooting, custom recovery, etc. are usually what is stickied. Just my $0.02 worth.

Last edited:

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LMAO!! AC has created templates for all of us mods to use to clean up the forums so what you see as a sticky now is that new template. I got a couple more i need to do now to help clean house :D

Nick7

Brick Master
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
It's all good in the hood :) just seeing if you forgot about this lol But as long as the board got cleaned up! Feel free to use anything from pocket bible

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts