Reflashing ROM on S7edge G935F

25wood35

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
I have tried without success to flash the Firmware files with 'Odin' to the phone. The stock files I have downloaded were from both Sammobile and Frija and when unzipped are BL AP CP and CSC. I am now trying to use a programme called Heimdall to flash the phone but having searched the web I cannot find the way to convert the Firmware files to the .gz extension that Heimdall requires. Apparently it has something to do with unzipping the files down the their individual content and then bundelling them into one .gz file to insert into the Heimdall GUI. Any ideas would be of help. Kind Regards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this to the S7 edge forum for more specific traffic.

25wood35

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
Good Evening Mustang, The following error :-I notice in the Log file at the bottom it says cannot open the COM port. If I use the Odin 3-v3.13.1 or Odin 3-v3.14.4 I have used more than one computer and tried different genuine Samsung USB leads. The Odin programe reports that the phone has been 'added' and connected to COM port 8. There is therefore nothing wrong with my hardware or access to the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Good Evening Mustang, The following error :-I notice in the Log file at the bottom it says cannot open the COM port. If I use the Odin 3-v3.13.1 or Odin 3-v3.14.4 I have used more than one computer and tried different genuine Samsung USB leads. The Odin programe reports that the phone has been 'added' and connected to COM port 8. There is therefore nothing wrong with my hardware or access to the phone.
Hi, where this error in Odin?
It's kinda hard to know what's going on , maybe provide screenshot?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=413366

Also is the phone in download mode ?

25wood35

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
The Phone is in download mode the correct Firmware is being used. I have had an Odin error in the past 'cannot find Pit' so I have extracted the PIT file from the CSC and entered it in the Odin PIT box before flashing. During the flashing process the top left hand box said 'set PIT' but after a few minites the box turned to 'FAIL'. I will try to attach screen shots with a word file. Regards and thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Odin Screen Shots.doc
    933 KB · Views: 13

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Phone is in download mode the correct Firmware is being used. I have had an Odin error in the past 'cannot find Pit' so I have extracted the PIT file from the CSC and entered it in the Odin PIT box before flashing. During the flashing process the top left hand box said 'set PIT' but after a few minites the box turned to 'FAIL'. I will try to attach screen shots with a word file. Regards and thanks for the help.
Hi, can't open the file ?

25wood35

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
The file is originally screen shots of odin pasted into microsoft word 2010. Unfortunately the document extension is '.docx' which this forum does not accept for downloading. I have used a programme to convert 'docx' to 'doc' to enable me to upload to this site. I will have to try another method as 'doc' is a file extension for the very old microsoft WORD 2003.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The file is originally screen shots of odin pasted into microsoft word 2010. Unfortunately the document extension is '.docx' which this forum does not accept for downloading. I have used a programme to convert 'docx' to 'doc' to enable me to upload to this site. I will have to try another method as 'doc' is a file extension for the very old microsoft WORD 2003.
Ok , so have you tried not using PIT file , just putting the files in their corresponding slots in Odin?

25wood35

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
I am still having no luck in flashing the ROM on my Samsung S7 edge g935F UK version. Odin keeps failing although I do have the correct 5 firmware files. I have even extracted the pit file from CSC and tried to repartition the PIT. When I do this I get the added message with confirmation of a COM port. Odin then says it is 'settingthe pit partition' then fail with an error cannot set the partition. As the phone can only show the Samsung LOGO and get into download mode there is no option to allow root or anything like that because developer was not set in settings when the phone was working. The recovery screen is not available either. I have in desperation decided to wiped the NAND as I have an identical working phone that I was hoping to image that NAND and then upload that to the broken device but I cannot find a way to upload the image file even though the broken phone is seen on device manager in USB devices. Are there any test points on the motherboard that allow an image to be loaded to the ROM? Any thoughts would oblige. Regards