Remote connection Galaxy watch no LTE

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Heya,

I'm trying to figure out how the phone/watch connection works...

My boyfriend and I both have 42mm galaxy watches, and the note10+

When I go out of bluetooth range from my phone, my watch says standalone and doesn't get any notifications from my phone.

When my boyfriend goes out of reach from his phone, his watch still gets notifications in real-time and says "connected remotely". His phone is literally on the other side of the city. Phone has data, watch is showing as connected to our home wifi.

I'm guessing that so long as both devices are internet connected.. even if they're different networks, then somehow the sms notifications are being pushed to the watch... is this right?

My watch doesn't seem to be able to pick up the wifi when I scan.. why is that? And is that why it doesn't do the remote connection thing?

Thank you!

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Heya,

I'm trying to figure out how the phone/watch connection works...

My boyfriend and I both have 42mm galaxy watches, and the note10+

When I go out of bluetooth range from my phone, my watch says standalone and doesn't get any notifications from my phone.

When my boyfriend goes out of reach from his phone, his watch still gets notifications in real-time and says "connected remotely". His phone is literally on the other side of the city. Phone has data, watch is showing as connected to our home wifi.

I'm guessing that so long as both devices are internet connected.. even if they're different networks, then somehow the sms notifications are being pushed to the watch... is this right?

My watch doesn't seem to be able to pick up the wifi when I scan.. why is that? And is that why it doesn't do the remote connection thing?

Thank you!

I don't believe the phone needs to be connected to WiFi, as it always has internet access, but the watch will definitely need to be connected to WiFi. Problem is, you'll have to be connected to a WiFi that your watch is able to share the password. Those guest WiFi services which require a sign-in where you have to agree to terms/services, then click connect will prevent your watch from being able to sign-in without your phone doing it. Passwords for WiFi saved on your phone should also be on your watch, so I think your watch would be able to log in and then receive notifications sent from your phone remotely whenever it encounters a known WiFi source.

None of this will matter though, unless you have the option to "connect to device remotely" enabled through your Galaxy Wearables App.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause