Remote Web Desktop question

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
has any of you guys tried to use this app yet? it looks really cool and is available on the market for free.

I would like to be able to send/receive sms from my desktop, and this app will let me control my phone from my computer allowing me to do so, but i cant seem to get it working.

When i connect my phone to the computer and start the REMOTE WEB DESKTOP APP, it gives me an address that i type into my web browser, but when i try to access the site, i can't and it states, "Oops! This link appears to be broken"

Any ideas of what i may be doing wrong?

Thanks guys!

weirdia

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

This is one of my favorite apps. Using it to send/receive SMS from your desktop is one of the most useful features, and there are many others, more being added all the time with frequent updates. Regarding accessing the phone from your computer, they just need to both be connected the same WiFi LAN or on internet for the PC browser to reach it. Mine works over internet (3G/4G Sprint) and on my home WiFi LAN. Maybe some 3G carriers other than Sprint or some firewalls won't allow a server app, if so check "Bridge Mode" in the app and it will use the web http to connect.

I became interested in this after being intrigued by the Motorola webtop idea, the possibility of using your phone as your PC. I also like turning my phone into a server. There are other apps that make your phone a web file server, FTP server, or VNC server, but this one combines them all. One of my favorite uses to show off what an Android can do is to connect my phone's HDMI to the TV, then use a PC to remote control the phone to display on the TV without having to poke at the phone in front of the TV. I don't think that's possible with an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts