Remove user from tablet without password

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My dad died last year and I have inherited his tablet. I don't have his password and no matter what I do I can't do anything with it because it takes his password to get on it. Google haven't responded to three separate help requests I have sent them across the year to cancel his account- not even a "thanks for your email" response. I've tried factory resets, hard resets and nothing works. Samsung tab a3.

Thanks

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately it's highly unlikely you'll be able to remove his account. Security features like this are not meant to be easily (or even with difficulty) bypassed. If they could be, then it wouldn't be much of a secure device.

The best help I could offer you would be to use this as a lesson in how to handle things like this after your passing. It would be a good idea to store your passwords and other such info in a secured location that only trusted people could get to, such as a safe deposit box at a local bank. That way, when you die or become incapacitated, those overseeing your interests can access and close out your accounts properly.

Last edited:

jameny5

Jan 23, 2018
Visit site
Verizon has a security feature on their tablets for lost and stolen ones: You enter some kind of code or password to prove it's yours. If you don't know it. You can't get in it. You can charge it all you want too but, you can't get in it. This is most likely for someone reporting it as lost.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can do that with any Android phone or tablet. And yes, you can wipe the device, you can change the password, but unless you know the original one, you can't get into it. And you still need the Google login and password.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000