Replace your Nexus 10 battery

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, report, thanks so much!

How did you contact Samsung, please share details if you can! I'm in the same exact boat and also purchased Nov 2012, would love to try to see if they can help.

Beyond the 40 to 50% dropping to nothing I get a lot of warmth at times on both sides up at the top near the cameras, when this gets warm to the touch I will get a hard freeze up and have to force power down the tablet.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I called Samsung yesterday. It took 20 min to get through the maze of people to the correct group. You can reach them directly (so they claim) at 1-888-987-4357. Our model number is "GT/P8110"

They will not fix a broken tablet out of warranty (1 year) for free. What they will do is if you have not cracked the screen or gotten it wet, they will charge you a flat $107 for a repair and that includes shipping to them (they Email you a shipping label) and shipping back. But they *will* wipe the tablet clean, and you will be without your tablet for 9 to 12 business days. He said that does include replacing a battery, fixing connectors, stuff like that. The repair will have a 90 day warranty.

They will not sell/ship a battery part.

I don't think that is an unreasonable charge. But I don't want my tablet wiped, nor do I want to be without it for 2 to 3 weeks right now. I really just want to replace the battery myself :(

cjtraas

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No one else has any links to find nexus 10 replacement batteries?
This is the one I recently bought.
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 3.7v 9000mah li-ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT - P8110 SP3496A8H
If I remember correctly, I ordered it on Sep 30. I contacted the supplier a couple of days ago to find out where it was and he sent me info that it "United States Arrived at destination port on 2014-10-20 15:30".... so I will hopefully have it in the next few days.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I recently bought.
Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 3.7v 9000mah li-ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT - P8110 SP3496A8H
If I remember correctly, I ordered it on Sep 30. I contacted the supplier a couple of days ago to find out where it was and he sent me info that it "United States Arrived at destination port on 2014-10-20 15:30".... so I will hopefully have it in the next few days.

Very similar to what I ordered and was canceled by the seller as "unavailable" after wasting 4 weeks of my time. If you look at the one you bought with the current link: 3.7v 9000mah li ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT P8110 SP3496A8H -in Mobile Phone Batteries from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group yours says "sorry, this item is no longer available!" and "0 transactions in the last 6 months".

cjtraas

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Very similar to what I ordered and was canceled by the seller as "unavailable" after wasting 4 weeks of my time. If you look at the one you bought with the current link: 3.7v 9000mah li ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT P8110 SP3496A8H -in Mobile Phone Batteries from Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group yours says "sorry, this item is no longer available!" and "0 transactions in the last 6 months".

Well, I'm hoping that since he sent me info showing that it arrived in the US at the destination port that it is *actually* on its way. (Fingers crossed!) Either way, it really sucks having to search world-wide for a battery that dies shortly after the 1 year warranty period!

Lawrence Bottorff

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I feel rather stupid -- but how was I to know? That is to say, I just bought a used nexus 10 (Samsung) off ebay for $230 . . . and apparently I've got the dreaded "75% to dead" problem, too. Okay, from the top, what's the latest CW, my next move? I want to keep it and replace the battery.

BTW, can one live with this problem? That is, keep it charged? Can you have it plugged in and still use it?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I feel rather stupid -- but how was I to know? That is to say, I just bought a used nexus 10 (Samsung) off ebay for $230 . . . and apparently I've got the dreaded "75% to dead" problem, too.

Someone ripped you off if they didn't tell you the battery was shot in the listing....

Okay, from the top, what's the latest CW, my next move?

What is a CW?

I want to keep it and replace the battery.

NOW I seem to have a China tracking number from another Alibaba vendor (the last one left). If I actually do get something, I will, of course, post who it is.

BTW, can one live with this problem?

Depends on how you want to use it. Right now I get about only 30 to 90 minutes of use on battery, depending on what I want to do with it.

That is, keep it charged? Can you have it plugged in and still use it?

Yes.. it will work while plugged in. And with the stock 2A adapter and cable, it can just barely keep up with full power drain in heavier games. You can also use a portable USB power battery, but many can't supply enough power to overcome use, so it will go negative while using... but it can greatly extend what little battery is left.

Lawrence Bottorff

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
What is a CW?

CW: conventional wisdom, i.e., what the wise have agreed upon as the best way to proceed.

I'm not sure if I should call it "ripped off" totally. Yeah, I'm a bit miffed, but when it comes to used ebay computers that rely on batteries . . . you get the luck of the draw. New N10s are still pretty pricey even if they're about to be superseded. If I can replace this battery, I'm still ahead. AND I've always been fascinated by older tech that was solid and ahead of its time: e.g., I'm an old Thinkpad freak.

cjtraas

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to pop in here and post that the battery I ordered from here Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 3.7v 9000mah li-ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT - P8110 SP3496A8H just arrived today. I have not installed it yet, but it does look like just in the product picture (with the Samsung sticker and all). Once I get it installed I will post my thoughts on how it is holding up for the first few days.

Thanks!

A friend ordered mine from Aliexpress (one vendor canceled, the other is now showing a tracking), so I am not sure which vendors they are. If I get mine, I will update the thread too.

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

A friend ordered mine from Aliexpress (one vendor canceled, the other is now showing a tracking), so I am not sure which vendors they are. If I get mine, I will update the thread too.

I ordered one too today, gotta take the chance for that price

always_black

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Found a reseller in UK that had a couple of original Samsung batteries on the shelf for £35. Ordered one just in case if mine should break down.
Arrived in a plastic envelope as the only packaging material. You can only guess how that battery looked after the postal services made their thing on it ;-(
So now I have to fight for a refund and they do not have any batteries left to send out. Nice try but how wrong it went :)

Actually it is kind of weird that Samsung made a special battery that fits the nexus only and not one or more of their other tablets also.....

wonderrx

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to pop in here and post that the battery I ordered from here Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is 3.7v 9000mah li-ion batteries For Google Nexus 10, for samsung GT - P8110 SP3496A8H just arrived today. I have not installed it yet, but it does look like just in the product picture (with the Samsung sticker and all). Once I get it installed I will post my thoughts on how it is holding up for the first few days.

So how goes it with the new battery? Get it installed? Working OK?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

It finally arrived. So far I am very unhappy. It is not a new battery, but a pull/used battery and dated OCTOBER 2012, which is even older than my Nexus 10. It is easy to see it is used from the photos which I have attached. I have no idea how the vendor in China got ahold of these and their listing is carefully crafted to not say they are new or say they are used.

Since my tablet only gets 20 minutes on battery now, I don't feel like I have any choice but to try installing this used one now :(

Attachments

• battery1.jpg
    battery1.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 25
  • battery2.jpg
    battery2.jpg
    584.3 KB · Views: 23
  • battery3.jpg
    battery3.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 23

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Since my tablet only gets 20 minutes on battery now, I don't feel like I have any choice but to try installing this used one now :(

What a disaster. I finally got the thing opened, replaced the battery with the used one from china, put it back together and let it charge for 2 hours. When I checked it, it was no longer charging and showing a full battery, so I tried to turn it on. It says "Google" then the animation starts. Then it flickers and turns off. Same thing with the power cord connected. So I opened it yet again and reseated all four cables. No change. So I put my old battery back in and it boots just fine.

The only thing I can think of is that the "new" used battery is so crappy, it will not charge at all, and when booting it is somehow sucking down the system, causing it to crash. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon