Replacement band from taobao.com

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I ended up buying a band for the Urbane 2 at taobaoage.com. It's also an agent site that buys from taobao.com for you. They use Amazon gift cards as payment (one for the initial purchase and one for shipping once they have it in hand). It cost me $17.99 for the band (with their small fee included) and $13.46 for the cheapest shipping. So a little over $31 total. I could have bought up to 5 bands for the same shipping rate. So 2 bands would cost around $50. The process takes a little while since they have to purchase it, receive it, then ship it out. I started my purchase on 4/22 and they just shipped it to me yesterday. Might take a week or two more to get it. They were pretty good at updating the status and responding to questions and they provided a tracking number. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully I I'll get it soon.
Thanks for the update. I am still on the fence, since my Urbane‘s screen looks so bad, and now one of my button rubber covers has disappeared. I may end up getting a newish Urbane instead, but I am holding off until after Google I/O. Regardless, let us know when you get your band!!

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the update. I am still on the fence, since my Urbane‘s screen looks so bad, and now one of my button rubber covers has disappeared. I may end up getting a newish Urbane instead, but I am holding off until after Google I/O. Regardless, let us know when you get your band!!
Success. I finally received my new band today and replaced the side that was cracked (the long side). I enabled cellular and received a LTE signal as before. I disabled bluetooth on my phone and successfully connected through cellular. Not a quick process to obtain the band but glad it's replaced for a total of $31.

The band didn't come with a kit so I ordered a cheap torx set (the watch uses T5 torx screws) a month ago off Amazon for a little over $5.

graywoulf

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a refurbished LG Urbane 2nd Edition watch on eBay and have been reading what I could find on it which brought me here. After reading all of the posts in this thread about buying a replacement band from Taobao.com I still do not see what any of you ended up paying for the band or how you got through the payment process. I did see that the website accepts payment through using an Amazon gift card or something like that. Would someone please spell all of this out to someone who has a thick skull and does not understand what the process is in buying a replacement band from the Taobao website. Thanks and sorry for the aggravation. :p

Last edited:

StimulatorCam

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I guess that page is legit, although the prices are basically double what the TaoBao prices are because they're selling each half of the band separately, plus I have no idea what they are charging for shipping.

mdw1995

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17