Replacement Glass

Talguy

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used a online service to replace broken glass on there thunderbolt. If so what service did you use and how much it run you?

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone used a online service to replace broken glass on there thunderbolt. If so what service did you use and how much it run you?

There are a couple of places by my house that work on Cells...one is called "CPR" (Cellphone Repair). THey where going to charge me $125 for parts and labor. ANother place was going to charge me $100.

I have seen the glass (digitizer and screen) for about $85. I have watched the videos on how to do it....but I wouldn't do it....tooooooooo many steps and small screws to get lost.

If you can do the insurance for $100, that is they way I would go.

Talguy

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't allowed to get insurance on the phone cause I work for the DoD and had to cover my camera with epoxy to bring it into the facility. The epoxy automatically voids the warranty with the insurance company.

That is what the verizon store told me.

I found this place and it looks like they only cost $110 to replace the glass. Might go with them

anon(531015)

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I bought a replament screen/digitizer combo off ebay and replaced my broken screen myself. There are a few tutorial videos online worth checking out if your considering it...it's actually pretty easy 'cept the tools they give you with the replacment parts suck and you need some double sided adhesive film (which you can purchase at a craft store like Michales). It definitely helps if you have your own tools.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC