Republic Wireless now unlimited $19

jabak3

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I use NetTALK for wifi related calling. It's free but I like their idea.

My dad just picked 3 of these Optimus V's up for $50 each on Black Friday with Virgin Mobile service from Target. So I don't think he will be switching for a $200 phone just to take $35 Unlimted Data, Web, 3G, Texting, 300 min. per month to save $10 -$15 bucks. It would take years/months to start actually saving money.

However I am curious if anyone has found a way to link/integrate a app like Netalk or some sort of program to make this possible for Optimus V much less any Android based phones.

Basically to use either the pre installed phone app with a tweak to make it use wifi as this phone does. If they made the same phone with the same type of programming then their must be a way to tweak any phone or at least the same phone(Optimus V and Optimus S) to do the same without buying a phone for 4 times the price with a new service.

Any ideas, links, or work in progress for such a thing. It's genius and kudos for their accomplishment but if its the same phone I am not going to switch when someone or I after learning more about programming could create a tweak or app to do the same thing. All it is doing is switching from data calling to Wifi calling when available. Am I stupid in my thinking. Or do you agree we can already do this or create a rom or something for the same thing.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
I use NetTALK for wifi related calling. It's free but I like their idea.

My dad just picked 3 of these Optimus V's up for $50 each on Black Friday with Virgin Mobile service from Target. So I don't think he will be switching for a $200 phone just to take $35 Unlimted Data, Web, 3G, Texting, 300 min. per month to save $10 -$15 bucks. It would take years/months to start actually saving money.

However I am curious if anyone has found a way to link/integrate a app like Netalk or some sort of program to make this possible for Optimus V much less any Android based phones.

Basically to use either the pre installed phone app with a tweak to make it use wifi as this phone does. If they made the same phone with the same type of programming then their must be a way to tweak any phone or at least the same phone(Optimus V and Optimus S) to do the same without buying a phone for 4 times the price with a new service.

Any ideas, links, or work in progress for such a thing. It's genius and kudos for their accomplishment but if its the same phone I am not going to switch when someone or I after learning more about programming could create a tweak or app to do the same thing. All it is doing is switching from data calling to Wifi calling when available. Am I stupid in my thinking. Or do you agree we can already do this or create a rom or something for the same thing.

Groove IP is the best so far