Reset Bluetooth

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having some oddities with Bluetooth, I think.

1) As my phone connects to my car (Hyundai Sonata) the head unit starts dialing my cell number. Seems determined, tries at least twice. After I cancel it those two times it plays podcasts OK.

2) When the phone connects to my powered speaker the podcast seems to play (according to play/pause indicator), but I get no sound. Stopping and restarting does nothing. If I then press the play/pause button on the speaker I get sound. This may happen with a pair of headphones, too.

I know I have to do some more testing to confirm if the problem happens with just my phone or any phone.

I was wondering if the Bluetooth settings could be messed up and need resetting? Is there any way to reset Bluetooth besides clearing all networking too? I'd rather not lose all my WiFi passwords...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if the Bluetooth settings could be messed up
Probably not. The "Bluetooth setings" you're talking about are part of the firmware.

and need resetting?
The only thig you can "reset" is the hardware - by turning the phone off for a few seconds.

Is there any way to reset Bluetooth besides clearing all networking too? I'd rather not lose all my WiFi passwords...
There's no way to "reset" the Bluetooth "settings" - because there aren't any. Just delete the devices, then pair one of them, connect it, and see if it works. If not, try flashing the latest (February 2020) ROM (you'd have to unlock the bootloader if it isn't already unlocked, and since that wipes the phone, you'd have to back everything up first).

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Probably not. The "Bluetooth setings" you're talking about are part of the firmware.

The only thig you can "reset" is the hardware - by turning the phone off for a few seconds.

There's no way to "reset" the Bluetooth "settings" - because there aren't any. Just delete the devices, then pair one of them, connect it, and see if it works. If not, try flashing the latest (February 2020) ROM (you'd have to unlock the bootloader if it isn't already unlocked, and since that wipes the phone, you'd have to back everything up first).
They could reset network which should reset Bluetooth , but agree with your other points .

Screenshot_20200207-140717.jpg

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that does in Bluetooth is remove all currently paired devices - which I told him to do. There are no "settings" in Bluetooth.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that does in Bluetooth is remove all currently paired devices - which I told him to do. There are no "settings" in Bluetooth.
I have repair'd the two devices I've been having trouble with (forget and then pair). Nothing changed; the car still tries to call my cell at connection and the speaker still acts weird. Do I need to get rid of all BT devices before I restore any pairings? I've also paired a different phone with the car and speaker and not had the problem carry over to this other phone.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Bluetooth hardware is failing. Monday I updated to the February security patch but the problem started at least two weeks ago.

The attempted call doesn't show up in the phone call log; as far as I can tell the call happens before the Bluetooth connection gets fully established. But the call only happens when the Bluetooth connection is being established. The call never goes through as it is made before the phone is fully connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts