Restoring my Google 2 watch setting from a Google One watch backup!

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I did a warranty replacement of my Google Watch 2 for a another Google Watch 2 with T-Mobile. I had to do it at the store, and setup got messed up because the store did not a have charger, and no updates got installed.

When I got the watch to my charger the setup downloaded and completed but I never was able to load the new watch from the Google One backup.

So now I have a new watch with all my apps and setting missing.

Checking Google One I do have a backup from the old watch. How do I Restore Setting and Apps from the Google One backup to the New Google phone.

This has been a painful process.

Comments????????

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I do backup the watch up but it seems useless to me. It appears that the only time you are able to use that backup is when you set up a new watch, and if you miss that window which is easy to do if you don't have a charger with you, the watch will not restore. Mine was a warranty replacement where I missed the window because the people at the T-Mobile store did not a have watch charger, and the watch was stuck updating.

This absolutely makes no sense from the propeller heads at google. If you have a backup you should be able to use it to restore, anytime. Maybe I am missing something??????

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you already tried this, but did you reset the warranty replacement to factory and try to use the Google One backup a second time?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It was easier to reconfigure the watch rather than reset and go through that lengthy reset process.

Google should give the watch users a way to restore from backup without having to completely reset the watch.

It took hours for the updates to load to get the watch back to system current.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mads788