[Retired][ROM]Superclean 2.9.2 EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10 Based

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Landshark I really appreciate that info, makes perfect sense to me and I couldn't agree more! I just got done flashing the non-voodoo ComaVolt kernel it flashed fine as far as I know. But afterwards I wondered to myself if I should of cleared the battery stats in cwm or wiped cache etc... All I did was go straight into cwm and flash the kernel without thinking to do anything else, was that alright? And as for telling if it is flashed you just have to pretty much know since it said installation complete, because the kernel number in the phone info remains the same correct? I'm definitely liking SC 2.9.2 with the black alien 2.1 theme, just hoping this comavolt kernel enhances battery life a bit, tho I can't say the battery life is that much worse than when I was completely stock!

On a side note I have another question.. When I'm in contacts and try to use the back button it does not exit contacts, I have to hit the home button. Is there a way to fix that? So far that's the only real issue I've encountered.

You should always wipe battery stats to reset calibration every time you flash a new kernel, whether it be a kernel by itself or a ROM that includes a kernel. Just make sure you follow the method in gunnermike53's battery thread HERE

Just make sure you add in a step 4b of after wiping batt stats, run the battery down to about 5% with normal usage, then charge uninterrupted back to 100%. You won't see full results for probably at least 3 days until everything settles in and the ROM, kernel, radio, and battery have a chance to work together for a while.

And you know the flash of the kernel worked if during the flash you had a bunch of blue lettering flash crazily all over the screen.

As far as the contacts issue, I'm assuming you are running Launcher Pro since that is the only launcher where this seems to be an issue. Easy fix. Long press the contacts icon, choose change shortcut, choose applications, choose phone, open phone, hit back button, long press same phone icon, change shortcut, make it contacts again, open contacts, try back button. If it didn't work, simply reboot and it should work now.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
If it flashed ok and is running fine then you should be good. I would just remember to clear those in the future before flashing to prevent problems. If you do have a problem, you could just go back and clear the cache and then reflash the kernel.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate

Yeah I already went ahead and went back in to wipe those and reset battery stats then re-flashed the kernel for safety's sake. Flashed fine again, so I guess I'll keep an eye on my battery life the next couple days to see what difference I notice :) btw you possibly have an answer for the question I put in the Edit part of my last post?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I personally have not tried voodoo yet so I can't tell you how much of a difference it would make. Reading other posts it seems that some swear by them and others say they don't see a benefit. So I guess it is just personal preference.I do not notice any lag with a nv so I am not worried about the lag fix of a voodoo. If you already are running nv then you can flash the nv comavolt if you would like. That is what I did a few days after flashing sc 2.9.2nv. I did it with hopes of helping battery life and it has helped me quite a bit. Just do not forget to wipe your cache and davlik in cwm prior to flashing. I have also gotten in the habit of wiping battery stats after flashing, as recommended by the more knowledgeable here. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Landshark must have been answering you at the same time as me. He really knows his stuff and is always one of the first to help folks out. Glad things went good for you.

TapATalkin From My SuperClean ComaVolt Kernel Fascinate

Thanks for stepping up OHSteel. I can't be everywhere and reading all your posts here, you've been dead on with all your advice. Way to go.

Also to answer your questions, actually both of yours, based on my experience, observations, and what I have read about the differences between voodoo and nonvoodoo. Voodoo converts your phone from the rfs file system to the ext4 file system. It is supposed to be a better file system and your phone will read it faster. So the increase in speed on voodoo is in how fast your phone reads files. So with some of the enhancements in voodoo plus other enhancements made for voodoo, you will notice your gallery will open much faster, opening and closing certain apps and programs will be faster. Scrolling speed between homescreens or in the browser isn't really noticeable. Voodoo also has sound and color enhancements. Sound enhancements can be heard once you download the paid app Voodoo Control by Supercurio from the market. There is a free trial version also, but Supercurio has done a ton for the betterment and improvement of Android, so I think he deserves the donation for the paid version. You have to have the brightness on your phone turned all the way up to 100% to actually get the benefit of the color enhancements. I'm pretty darn happy with the color and picture of my phone as is, and I don't want to suck up the battery just to enhance my picture slightly so I leave my brightness on auto.

Hope this info helps.

Shark salute - Fins to the left, fins to the right.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I already went ahead and went back in to wipe those and reset battery stats then re-flashed the kernel for safety's sake. Flashed fine again, so I guess I'll keep an eye on my battery life the next couple days to see what difference I notice :) btw you possibly have an answer for the question I put in the Edit part of my last post?

I got you covered Johnny Blaze, I mean Ghost. Flash this in CWM and you'll get your stay awake option back. It's from Adrynalyne:

stay_awake.zip

Also make sure you read my other post and only wipe battery stats once you have charged your phone to a complete 100% following the method in gunnermike53's battery thread. By wiping the stats you are recalibrating what the phone shows and what the battery is actually saying, so you have to make sure the battery is at a complete 100%

Reactions: FearTheGhost13

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for stepping up OHSteel. I can't be everywhere and reading all your posts here, you've been dead on with all your advice. Way to go.

Also to answer your questions, actually both of yours, based on my experience, observations, and what I have read about the differences between voodoo and nonvoodoo. Voodoo converts your phone from the rfs file system to the ext4 file system. It is supposed to be a better file system and your phone will read it faster. So the increase in speed on voodoo is in how fast your phone reads files. So with some of the enhancements in voodoo plus other enhancements made for voodoo, you will notice your gallery will open much faster, opening and closing certain apps and programs will be faster. Scrolling speed between homescreens or in the browser isn't really noticeable. Voodoo also has sound and color enhancements. Sound enhancements can be heard once you download the paid app Voodoo Control by Supercurio from the market. There is a free trial version also, but Supercurio has done a ton for the betterment and improvement of Android, so I think he deserves the donation for the paid version. You have to have the brightness on your phone turned all the way up to 100% to actually get the benefit of the color enhancements. I'm pretty darn happy with the color and picture of my phone as is, and I don't want to suck up the battery just to enhance my picture slightly so I leave my brightness on auto.

Hope this info helps.

Shark salute - Fins to the left, fins to the right.

Edit: Disregard the last question in this post you already answered it lol! You're the man Shark! Thanks again, going to flash that now!

Helps indeed, I totally understand everything you just said! :) And thanks to both of you for the help, I'm going to do the battery stuff shortly. I think I'm finally ready to settle into how my phone is set up and stay that way for the time being lol. But I did want to get this one last question answered, what ever happened to the option to never seep while charging that used to be in settings>applications>development? The option is no longer there in this build? Unless some how the theme caused this?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I now have that option back in my settings! Had to of been my theme, because now my settings menu is no longer themed, but I have the stay awake while charging option available now.. Oh well it's all a learning process :) Thanks again guys! I'm off for the night take care!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I now have that option back in my settings! Had to of been my theme, because now my settings menu is no longer themed, but I have the stay awake while charging option available now.. Oh well it's all a learning process :) Thanks again guys! I'm off for the night take care!

Sorry about that. I think I had the same thing happen to me and when I flashed NitroVivid again, I still had both. The other thing you can do is post over in the Black Alien thread and see if Gunner can put the settings mod into his theme, or at least just the stay awake option. He's open to adding things to his theme, and it can't hurt to ask.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

Sorry I neglected this thread so much.

I'm giving an update and will stay on top of it for now on.

We are currently working on a community rom on IRC based on EC01. Now, this may seem weird, but we are going on a theory that ED01 is the same rom. Mainly because, EC01 was compiled 3/30, despite the name conflict.

Thanks for everything and look forward to whatcha got got cooking!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What is a community rom?
and What is comavolt?

Adrnyanlye and the other developers are working on a ROM together, each lending their own area of expertise, so they have entitled it the "community" ROM

ComaVolt is the title times_infinity has given to his EC10 undervolted kernel

Reactions: fluidj

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have searched this thread and found some stuff but didn't find the answer I was looking for. I have come to learn that with froyo the ability to cycle through both vibrate mode and silent mote with the volume rocker disappeared. Is there a work around to get this back? Its kind of a pain to switch between the two through menus and I would like to be able to do it with the rocker and not through the use of a widget. Thanks!

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have searched this thread and found some stuff but didn't find the answer I was looking for. I have come to learn that with froyo the ability to cycle through both vibrate mode and silent mote with the volume rocker disappeared. Is there a work around to get this back? Its kind of a pain to switch between the two through menus and I would like to be able to do it with the rocker and not through the use of a widget. Thanks!

As far as i know, no there isn't.

I just hold in the power key and press silent mode if i want my phone to become silent. It's just about as easy as using the volume rocker.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

+1 though i never thought about it......good question sir

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have what may seem like a silly question, cos I havent done it this way before, so please bear with me. :p

I'm on SC 2.9.1 (Voodoo). I want to upgrade to SC 2.9.2 Voodoo. When I had upgraded to SC 2.9, that was the time when I had also installed Red CWM All and had flashed the Voodoo kernel. Before that i was on NV and flashing roms via ODIN.

Now I want to flash the new SC 2.9.2 voodoo rom via Red CWM ALL. Please advice if the steps below seem alright :
1. Clear data, cache, dalvik cache through Red CWM All.
2. Copy the SC 2.9.2 Voodoo rom zip file to the sdcard.
3. Install the rom zip file through CWM.
4. Once done enable lagfix from CWM ( Is it necessary, or enabled by default since it already was, before flashing the new rom)
5. What else? Am I missing something? :p

Thanks! :)

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I have what may seem like a silly question, cos I havent done it this way before, so please bear with me. :p

I'm on SC 2.9.1 (Voodoo). I want to upgrade to SC 2.9.2 Voodoo. When I had upgraded to SC 2.9, that was the time when I had also installed Red CWM All and had flashed the Voodoo kernel. Before that i was on NV and flashing roms via ODIN.

Now I want to flash the new SC 2.9.2 voodoo rom via Red CWM ALL. Please advice if the steps below seem alright :
1. Clear data, cache, dalvik cache through Red CWM All.
2. Copy the SC 2.9.2 Voodoo rom zip file to the sdcard.
3. Install the rom zip file through CWM.
4. Once done enable lagfix from CWM ( Is it necessary, or enabled by default since it already was, before flashing the new rom)
5. What else? Am I missing something? :p

Thanks! :)

You have it right.

You do not need to enable lagfix in step 4 again since you already are running on Voodoo and it is already enabled.

The only time you need to disable lagfix is when your about to flash a nonvoodoo kernel on top of a voodoo kernel.

Reactions: 3dsign

3dsign

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You have it right.

You do not need to enable lagfix in step 4 again since you already are running on Voodoo and it is already enabled.

The only time you need to disable lagfix is when your about to flash a nonvoodoo kernel on top of a voodoo kernel.

Thanks a lot for the quick response! I shall report back after flashing. :)

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody having problems updating launcherpro and facebook in the market? Im running 2.9.2 and honeycomb 4.1 . These two apps wont update?

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is anybody having problems updating launcherpro and facebook in the market? Im running 2.9.2 and honeycomb 4.1 . These two apps wont update?

Did you flash Honeycomb 4.1 market apps?

If you did, you are running on Nitro's themed launcherpro and themed facebook. The market doesn't recognize that you have installed them, since technically you didn't. You flashed them :p

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplacey