Return to Android from iPhone

BalrogWing

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Generally lurking checking out everything I can regarding my shiny new S5. I was a previous Android user, had the original first Google Nexus and than a Motorola Droid X...Than I switched over to iPhone 4s....At the time Android required frequent battery pulls and generally sluggish response. Rooting and Rom'ing helped a little, but I needed a phone that just worked. Fast forward 3 years, I finally retired my 4S...Left Verizon for ATT and am super happy with it...Fast Snappy, and quite frankly..lt makes iPhone 4S look like a Treo....uggg..so not innovative. I was planning on waiting, and checking out the Crapple 6 later this year, but rumor has it that the new device will be a 4.7 screen with Sub 1080 resolution. WTF is Crapple thinking?!?

Anyway....Just wanted to share...

Hepcatz

This is basically me too. My first smartphone was a Droid Devour, I didn't like it and returned it for a Blackberry Tour. After that, I had a Motorola Droid until the 4S came out, got an iPhone 4S and have been on iPhone since. I'm eligible for an upgrade in a few days and will be going back to Android via the S5. My brother has a Note 3 and absolutely loves it, and from playing around with it and a few other friends' phones, I can definitely see that Android is the way for me to go.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Some people like being told what to do and being spoon fed. Apple is all about control of product and user. If you fit in this mold then Apple is for you. The restrictiveness and lack of user customization is why Apple will never surpass Android for my use and millions of other who know better!

So because some people want their phone to be a phone that also provides internet as well as having access to apps and not being able to customize means folks like being spoon fed? That is silly to me and honestly it's statements like this that all but confirm my buddy's notion.

JWG2011

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Have to say people are passionate/protective of their phone/OS. You are on a Android site pushing Apple products and expect to get no push back? Turn your argument around and post it in a Apple forum and see if you don't get the same type of response. Bashing goes both ways. There are a lot of Sites out there were you get absolutely nothing from the comments cause it's just one group bashing on the other, and vice versa.
So long post to basically say if you think the Apple folks don't bash Android you are mistaken.

txhepcatz

May 19, 2014
Visit site
As for apple... (cannot figure out how to quote a previous post in the app)..I do not hate apple....the beauty in Apple products is their closed architecture. They fully control their ecosystem which has allowed their users to enjoy an environment without virus, malware and poor coding. The users fully enjoy a system that simply works most if not ALL of the time.

I switched due to precious Android ownership and zero confidence the new iPhone will have a 5 inch screen with 1080p resolution.

I simply could no longer function with a tiny 3.5 inch screen on the 4s and the 4 inch screen was hardly an improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
As for apple... (cannot figure out how to quote a previous post in the app)..I do not hate apple....the beauty in Apple products is their closed architecture. They fully control their ecosystem which has allowed their users to enjoy an environment without virus, malware and poor coding. The users fully enjoy a system that simply works most if not ALL of the time.

I think you are out of touch with reality.

iOS has a big problem.....

some of their phones are locked and the owners have to pay a ransom to get them back.

Report: Some Australian Apple devices held for ransom

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

I switched due to precious Android ownership and zero confidence the new iPhone will have a 5 inch screen with 1080p resolution.

I simply could no longer function with a tiny 3.5 inch screen on the 4s and the 4 inch screen was hardly an improvement.

Posted via Android Central App

I couldn't agree more. Screen size/resolution is the number one reason that I left. I'm sure Apple will put a 4.x" screen out this fall with a sub 1080p resolution and people will still line up and pay three times what they are worth to get one. I grow tired of the attitude that whatever they put out there is good enough. At some point they have to get ahead of the pack again. Until then, I am going to explore my options.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Have to say people are passionate/protective of their phone/OS. You are on a Android site pushing Apple products and expect to get no push back? Turn your argument around and post it in a Apple forum and see if you don't get the same type of response. Bashing goes both ways. There are a lot of Sites out there were you get absolutely nothing from the comments cause it's just one group bashing on the other, and vice versa.
So long post to basically say if you think the Apple folks don't bash Android you are mistaken.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. Secondly I stated that I was an Android user so relax. I am not here to push any Apple products. Read my initial post in this thread and you clearly see what I said.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards