Returning my Panda XL to Return to the S8+

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Who cares? Why bother announcing this in the first place especially in the Pixel 2 forums? You expecting someone throw a party for you here?

...j/k. I think competition between Googl
e, Samsung, Apple, whatever keeps things interesting and provides consumers with enough choices so there is usually something to satisfy nearly everyone but the pathologically picky.

This a forum where you can exchange ideas. He said nothing to bash the Pixel. He just started his reasoning for returning it. I care and I can appreciate that.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxies seem okay for a few months but fades quickly the next Galaxy comes out.

Enjoy that Samsung. I have been there too many times, never again.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This a forum where you can exchange ideas. He said nothing to bash the Pixel. He just started his reasoning for returning it. I care and I can appreciate that.

@sixty_four Because it helps other potential buyers get the full picture and different perspectives.

He said j/k (Just kidding) .. No harm no foul. Just having a joke is all. Let's all relax ;).

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
He said j/k (Just kidding) .. No harm no foul. Just having a joke is all. Let's all relax ;).

Yeah...sorry guys if the joke came off badly. I like reading about and discussing Android devices and don't get it when people go all "jihad" when talking about devices.

While I'm not emotionally tied to any particular device or company, I can say I'm enjoying using my Pixel 2 immensely.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...sorry guys if the joke came off badly. I like reading about and discussing Android devices and don't get it when people go all "jihad" when talking about devices.

While I'm not emotionally tied to any particular device or company, I can say I'm enjoying using my Pixel 2 immensely.

Amen. Me too.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Spoken truth! I'm still on the August security patch on my Note 8! lol
Really depends on the carrier ... I'm on Verizon and got the October security patch IN OCTOBER ( around 10/29) on my S8plus.

Thanks for the lively discussion all. I actually did realize from your comments about the other great things the 2 XL brings. The fingerprint sensor position is indeed superior over what Samsung did this year. And yes, the camera is amazing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Really depends on the carrier ... I'm on Verizon and got the October security patch IN OCTOBER ( around 10/29) on my S8plus.

Thanks for the lively discussion all. I actually did realize from your comments about the other great things the 2 XL brings. The fingerprint sensor position is indeed superior over what Samsung did this year. And yes, the camera is amazing.
Yes but before that it was August (they skipped September).. so it depends on carrier and if said carrier cares. :p.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's all good... Not every phone works out for everyone. Life's too short to yell at someone for not liking what I like.

(personally, I am not touching another Samsung phone with a 10 foot pole... have had way too many headaches caused by them to even warrant a cursory glance)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
There’s a reason choice exists.

The 2 XL is a great phone (albeit one with a glaring fault) with its own ups and downs. But it’s not for everyone (like everything), so we have others to choose from.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
So I have the S8+ and the lure of new tech makes me want to purchase the XL2. I'm worried about some trade offs. Pure experience vs skin, Android Pay vs Samsung Pay (can use anywhere), great camera vs almost great camera.

Any other members make the switch who haven't chimed in yet?

Also, I have an old iPhone 6s that they'll give me $200 for. If I mail it in then decide to not keep the XL2 I'm assuming they won't reject the credit for the trade in on my CC right?

theragtopman

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I just posted my thoughts in the "Pixel 2 XL vs Samsung S8.. HELP!!" thread. Basically, I don't think there is a perfect smartphone out right now as they each have their strengths and weaknesses, but we should each be able to find one that fits our individual needs. All I know is I'm really liking my Pixel 2 XL! Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54