Revert back to ZVD from ZVH?

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
When I said you don't have V9 I didn't mean you couldn't tell the difference between V9 and Xionia. I meant you could have VD Recovery. Visually V9 and VD look the same. You can tell the difference if you run a md5sum on the /dev/mtd/mtd2 partition.

You clearly have the new LCD if you remember needing to do things blind. V9 recovery is incapable of displaying on the new LCD, it simply doesn't have the drivers compiled in. If your recovery is displaying on your LCD, what is the more logical explanation, V9 recovery magically can now display on the new
LCD even without the drivers, or you somehow lost V9 recovery and are actually using VD recovery?

BTW can you check if you have an /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file?
Yes i do have a recovery sh file. Cuz i cant back it up anymore.
U or some reason it doesnt make sense... didnt i have to have v9 to update to zvh and root?. If i had vd thats weird lol really weird. I will try to run a md5 checksum.
Im still getting into this. Lol im TRYING to right script now. Im 15 and hopefully i can make some quality work. Thanks for the info. L i wouldnt have even checked it. Now come to think of it, when i was blind the firsttime, i probably could have messed something up to make my screen blank. But i havent ever heard someone having that problem lol thanks :p

if i helped please hit thank you! all is appreciated! sent from my Lg Optimus S using tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I read in a different thread, you were running VD at some point. That may have restored VD recovery even if you were running V9 recovery at some point. Also having install-recovery.sh indicates at some point LG might have installed the VD recovery for you.

liamstanley

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I read in a different thread, you were running VD at some point. That may have restored VD recovery even if you were running V9 recovery at some point. Also having install-recovery.sh indicates at some point LG might have installed the VD recovery for you.
Yeah that makes sense i guess, but if i reverted back to zvd from zvh, isnt the lg tool suposed to give me the recovery that was with the cab file? Or does it just keep the normal recovery i would normally flash? Because after reverting i still had xionia ZVD and no root. I dont think i was supposed to have xionia?!

if i helped please hit thank you! all is appreciated! sent from my Lg Optimus S using tapatalk

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that makes sense i guess, but if i reverted back to zvd from zvh, isnt the lg tool suposed to give me the recovery that was with the cab file? Or does it just keep the normal recovery i would normally flash? Because after reverting i still had xionia ZVD and no root. I dont think i was supposed to have xionia?!
Under most cases it will leave your existing Recovery. Under some cashes it will install the VD recovery.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I, too jumped to zvh. I'm rooted runing custom recovery. My question is Do I have to put v9 recovery before I put the zvd on?

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I, too jumped to zvh. I'm rooted runing custom recovery. My question is Do I have to put v9 recovery before I put the zvd on? If anyone can help thanks

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I, too jumped to zvh. I'm rooted runing custom recovery. My question is Do I have to put v9 recovery before I put the zvd on? If anyone can help thanks
If you are saying you have Xionia recovery installed with rooted ZVH and you want to go back to ZVD, it is safest to put stock VD recovery back on the phone. It may work with Xionia (I think it will) but I don't recall and don't have a phone to test it with, so I'm giving you the safer option.

Then just perform High Level Steps #0, 1, 2, replacing the VD cab file for the V9 cab file (see reference section)

You don't need to do anything that says V9 recovery unless you want to go back to rooted ZVH. In the latter case, follow the instructions in the ZVH rooting thread.

Reactions: dobbs69

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have Xionia recovery installed with rooted zvh and want to go back to zvd. Thanks for your help. hopefully I wont have any problems rooted with gingersnap. Thanks again . BTW LOVED YOUR GROM. Im reverting because I like the oc ing Im sure I'll go back to grom when the issues with GB get worked out

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have Xionia recovery installed with rooted zvh and want to go back to zvd. Thanks for your help. hopefully I wont have any problems rooted with gingersnap. Thanks again . BTW LOVED YOUR GROM. Im reverting because I like the oc ing Im sure I'll go back to grom when the issues with GB get worked out
gROM is scrosler. I worked on the rooting of ZVH. Your feedback is appreciated.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site

Scrosler made gRom. I think you got him mixed up with sfhub.

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
ok Im back to zvd but I keep getting a "Sorry the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly, please try again." I check ive got a stock recovery now . So now what do i do? help

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
sorry, also cant make phone calls
If you can't make calls, either do a ##72786# reset or ##786# reset. The latter is a more complete reset that will virtually always fix your problem, but will erase your user data. The first will work in 95% of the cases, and will not reset your data.

Reactions: dobbs69

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
how? I cant even get the dial pad to come up. every time i try it pops up the "sorry" screen then goes back to home page

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
that did it!! I factory reset in recovery. I feel really stupid. I think I skiped the "welcome to phone screen" at the begining the first time around. Everything is working now. I cant thank you enough. I wont be a noob for long. Its late so I think I'll root and install xionia tommorrow .BTW sorry for the mistake about the grom. Got the names mixed up.

Android Jerk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Do NOT install that update. Press "More Info", then pull your battery.

I was able to successfully downgrade to ZVD, root it with Gingersnap, installed the Xionia CWMA recovery and performed a NAND backup. I am getting the update notification from Sprint to update to LS670ZVH. I selected More Info, then pulled the battery. I'm still getting the notification on my notification bar, maybe I missed something? Will it eventually force flash it?