Revert back to ZVD from ZVH?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to successfully downgrade to ZVD, root it with Gingersnap, installed the Xionia CWMA recovery and performed a NAND backup. I am getting the update notification from Sprint to update to LS670ZVH. I selected More Info, then pulled the battery. I'm still getting the notification on my notification bar, maybe I missed something? Will it eventually force flash it?
For most other people it stopped bugging them. It might eventually force flash it if it is still showing up on your phone. If you install Xionia CWMA custom recovery then it will fail signature verification and won't flash (that is unless you turn off signature verification)

Android Jerk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
For most other people it stopped bugging them. It might eventually force flash it if it is still showing up on your phone. If you install Xionia CWMA custom recovery then it will fail signature verification and won't flash (that is unless you turn off signature verification)

Where would I check to make sure signature verification was on?

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Where would I check to make sure signature verification was on?
It is off by default. I don't have an Optimus handy, but I believe it is under "install zip from sd" or something like that. Now that I think about it, it is a little foggy whether the update is installed under recovery or under Android, so I need to take what I said back. I can't really test out the behavior of the OTA update right now.

Android Jerk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It is off by default. I don't have an Optimus handy, but I believe it is under "install zip from sd" or something like that. Now that I think about it, it is a little foggy whether the update is installed under recovery or under Android, so I need to take what I said back. I can't really test out the behavior of the OTA update right now.

If I used a different ROM, could I avoid this? Any ROMS you recommend that are based on ZVD?

I booted into recovery, and went into install zip from SD, toggle signature verification; it went to disabled then I toggled again to enabled.

Last edited:

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've actually installed all my updates by hand and never done the OTA updates. I don't have an Optimus around any more so I can't test how the OTA update is installed, whether done via Android, Recovery, or some combination. I believe it is done via Recovery with Android placing the update file in /cache and communicating it to the Recovery via one of the partitions, but I really don't have an Optimus to test any of this with, so that is all I can give you. I think it will not update with Xionia recovery installed and signature verification enabled, but I cannot tell you for sure.

As to ROMs, you should try them out. The popular ones that work with ZVD are Reborn and CM7.

Reactions: Android Jerk

Android Jerk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I've actually installed all my updates by hand and never done the OTA updates. I don't have an Optimus around any more so I can't test how the OTA update is installed, whether done via Android, Recovery, or some combination. I believe it is done via Recovery with Android placing the update file in /cache and communicating it to the Recovery via one of the partitions, but I really don't have an Optimus to test any of this with, so that is all I can give you. I think it will not update with Xionia recovery installed and signature verification enabled, but I cannot tell you for sure.

As to ROMs, you should try them out. The popular ones that work with ZVD are Reborn and CM7.

Wow, I stayed up past 1:30am last night having fun with my phone...

After the 3rd time the update notification came up, I pressed more info and then pulled the battery; it is finally is gone.

I have found that the OTA update gets downloaded to /cache. Would it be safe to delete it or would this basically re-trigger an update for my device? My first thought is to just leave it alone.

Thank you sfhub for all your help. I am glad that this site exists, it is a great resource.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I stayed up past 1:30am last night having fun with my phone...

After the 3rd time the update notification came up, I pressed more info and then pulled the battery; it is finally is gone.

I have found that the OTA update gets downloaded to /cache. Would it be safe to delete it or would this basically re-trigger an update for my device? My first thought is to just leave it alone.

Thank you sfhub for all your help. I am glad that this site exists, it is a great resource.
My guess is you could delete it and it won't start bugging you, but I don't know for sure. You know the workaround so just try it out and let everyone know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali