rezound freezing and rebooting

wkl808

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
i just bought an htc rezound off ebay, the seller said that it is in perfect working order. when i got the phone it freezes and reboots every time i use the phone dialer and volume rocker. I also see that the android version is 4.0.3. is there a problem with the operating system? how can i put it back to the factory operating system safely. i need help

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the phone has been rooted and had a leaked version of ICS installed. Your best bet would be to return it to stock (Gingerbread) and see how it behaves.
You could leave it rooted and load a rooted stock ROM if you think you'd be interested in fiddling around - I don't know enough about your Android comfort level to make a recommendation. Unfortunately, I'm a Thunderbolt user so I can't give you specifics on unrooting or loading a stock ROM, but if you look through this Forum you'll find everything you need. There are also a great bunch of contributors that'll be glad to help you out.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
It sounds more like it was put on the ICS leak improperly. Odd issues happen if you don't flash the ICS RUU twice. Rebooting at odd moments is the most common. If you can, take a screenshot of your about phone -> software information. That will tell us a bit more about what you're working with.

If you are on the ICS leak/firmware then you're stuck there, you can't go back to stock without doing S-Off. However, you can get back to "stock" ICS.

smartassblondie4

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
This morning my Resound kept rebooting on its own, no matter how many battery pulls I did. I went to Verizon and the rep told me that the Resound cannot handle 4g, and that HTC has to roll out a system update for us. I've been using 4g for months and this is the first time this has happened. She swore up and down that she has the same phone and had the same problem...I'm still using stock home, am not rooted. So she went in and changed some internal setting to be 3g only.

I'm not thrilled with this since I paid for a 4g phone. If I wanted to say on 3g I would have just kept my DINC. Hopefully you have a better outcome.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
This morning my Resound kept rebooting on its own, no matter how many battery pulls I did. I went to Verizon and the rep told me that the Resound cannot handle 4g, and that HTC has to roll out a system update for us. I've been using 4g for months and this is the first time this has happened. She swore up and down that she has the same phone and had the same problem...I'm still using stock home, am not rooted. So she went in and changed some internal setting to be 3g only.

I'm not thrilled with this since I paid for a 4g phone. If I wanted to say on 3g I would have just kept my DINC. Hopefully you have a better outcome.

I think I'd start by telling the Verizon Rep their "solution" is unacceptable. As you said, you bought a 4G phone and as such you should expect 4G service when you're in an area where it is available. The 4G network is Verizon's, not HTC's so HTC shouldn't have anything to do with it at this point. My Rezound has never had a problem "not handling 4G"...that just smacks of someone who has no clue of what they're talking about.

I'd ask another Tech Rep for help and if they try and pass the same BS then ask to speak to someone higher up until you get either a satisfactory solution or a proper answer, not "it can't handle the network." It very well may be a network issue but the manner in which they dealt with it is bush league in my opinion.

Now if you want to try and fix it on your own I'd probably do a Factory Reset but be advised you're going to loose all your apps and app data in the process and it will be like taking the phone out of the box for the first time.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I may be mistakeb but it sounds like the boot loop issue. Check the fix in post #3. Many have been hit by this at one time or another. Get LTE switch app in Google Play, that will give you a shortcut to that menu on the fly.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/139235-boot-loop.html

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I may be mistakeb but it sounds like the boot loop issue. Check the fix in post #3. Many have been hit by this at one time or another. Get LTE switch app in Google Play, that will give you a shortcut to that menu on the fly.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-rezound/139235-boot-loop.html

There you go...what he said.

Wasn't aware there was a boot loop thread since I haven't experienced that issue. I still stand by my initial claim that the Verizon Rep's solution was subpar.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
There you go...what he said.

Wasn't aware there was a boot loop thread since I haven't experienced that issue. I still stand by my initial claim that the Verizon Rep's solution was subpar.

Par for the course I'm almost shocked an employee knew how to access that menu. Glad she didn't do another needless reset as I'm sure many did unaware of the solution. I called a csr when it hit me last year after reading about the fix. I applied it and it worked beautifully. Since a few people on the boards had been hit by it before me. I called a CSR afterwards to see if they were aware of it and explained what I did. She said that it wasn't a valid fix, highly unrecommended and wanted me to factory reset. Told her I'd pass on that process for now b/c it seened to be working again. CSR said she couldn't help me further if I wouldn't reset it, end of convo. Hell, last week when I took my phone in store to show them I needed a refurb. I had to explain what hboot was & how to access it. That should be a mandatory info. for anyone wearing a VZ name tag. Thankfully, my phone was fried and unable to boot at all or else they may have noticed it wasn't quite like the display model.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Do the boot loop fix and then try a factory reset. It'd that odes not worry then refresh the laitest ruu twice and household be good. The only problem with flashing the latest ruu is you will have to go s off or restock the downloader to do it.

It these don't work or you don't want to fool with it all then file a claim with PayPal and get your money back

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What he just said:
Doing a claim with Paypal would be totally right.
You got a messed up item from a non-disclosing seller.
Paypal will likely make seller take it back and fully refund you.
Win/Win/Justice

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea I think this is the boot loop issue....as I have my 2nd Rezound and they both did the same thing. Neither was rooted. My 2nd one just started boot looping today. A factory reset fixed it so far...Never got a chance to fix the first one...someone stole it.

That fix in the boot loop thread didnt apply to me....my settings never changed. On either phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122