Rezound to GS4

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Finally made the switch 5 days ago. I can't believe I waited this long.

After settling in for a few days, the battery is way better than the Rezound.

Everything is buttery smooth.

LTE signal is definately a little weaker on the Sammy, but hasn't been a real problem yet.

A little learning curve going back to TW, but a little patience and Google help have got me on track...

Anybody have some more advanced tips for a reformed Sense user?

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Last edited:

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the LTE is really weak; on the way to work just now (I'm a passenger, not driving), we had to take some back roads due to traffic and I was down to 1x in areas where the Rezound pulls 4G.

Even with that, I will still take the SGS4 over the Rezound. But you would think Samsung could figure out the radio thing. People have been complaining about their radios forever.

All the great features are useless with no signal.

deep_groove

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered my S4 from Wirefly; it should be here by the time I'm eligible for my upgrade, which is August 27th. The Rezound has been the best smartphone I have ever owned- still on my original unit with no defects since the end of 2011. I was curious which case, if any, you chose to protect your S4. I'm considering Otterbox, as I have both the Commuter and Defender series for my Rezound. I'm thinking the Defender may make the phone a bit too bulky, though.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
you may want to look into the Spigen slim armor line for your case. it adds very little bulk, and gives better grip, and moderate protection on most drops. I know a guy with the otterbox defender, and IMO, it adds too much bulk. the otterbox commuter may be a bit slimmer, but it just depends on how likely you are to drop your phone. I had the Rezound as well, and was pretty happy with it, as far as signal strength. actually, it wasn't a bad phone at all, if you could get pass the lackluster battery life. My S4 is a battery sipper extraordinaire. I get good to great battery life in the three weeks I've had my S4. and I'm CONSTANTLY using it. however, Google NOW is a battery user, it will eat your battery like pac-man eats dots. at least it did when I turned it on....

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I actually got the Spigen NeoHybrid. Saw reviews about the slim armor case finish starting to peel in a matter of weeks.

I am loving the battery life on the S4. But I also went to Amazon and got 2 Hyperion spare batteries w/ NFC and an external charger for about 20 bucks just to feel secure. I had Hyperion batteries for my Rez, and they performed well.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming to the S4 from a Razr Maxx and the radios were a concern for me as well. Fortunately, I'm seeing signal strength every bit as good as I had on the Maxx. During my travels in the Columbus, Ohio metro areas I sometimes drop to 3G in the same spots as the Maxx but sometimes it doesn't. I know from experience where the fringe areas are and the S4 is no worse in my experience. I've read the same horror stories about the poor radios but I'm just not seeing it on the S4. YMMV.

I also attest to the great battery life. The Maxx was the first phone I never had to worry about getting through a day and I loved it. Ever since the latest Verizon software update battery life has been fantastic. I admit to disabling most of the Google and Verizon apps and bloatware so I can't say for sure if my experience is comparable to stock. All I know is that the phone is very fast and I love the 1080p screen.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the signal is horrid, just not as good as the Rezound... The S4 signal is definately tolerable.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually got the Spigen NeoHybrid. Saw reviews about the slim armor case finish starting to peel in a matter of weeks.

I am loving the battery life on the S4. But I also went to Amazon and got 2 Hyperion spare batteries w/ NFC and an external charger for about 20 bucks just to feel secure. I had Hyperion batteries for my Rez, and they performed well.

hmm, that's odd. as far as I know, there's nothing that can peel from the slim armor cases. I have all of them but the red one, since my wife has an S4 as well. anyway, spigen makes good cases, and I will probably eventually get the neo hybrids. my slim armor case that I've used for three weeks still looks like new.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming to the S4 from a Razr Maxx and the radios were a concern for me as well. Fortunately, I'm seeing signal strength every bit as good as I had on the Maxx. During my travels in the Columbus, Ohio metro areas I sometimes drop to 3G in the same spots as the Maxx but sometimes it doesn't. I know from experience where the fringe areas are and the S4 is no worse in my experience. I've read the same horror stories about the poor radios but I'm just not seeing it on the S4. YMMV.

I also attest to the great battery life. The Maxx was the first phone I never had to worry about getting through a day and I loved it. Ever since the latest Verizon software update battery life has been fantastic. I admit to disabling most of the Google and Verizon apps and bloatware so I can't say for sure if my experience is comparable to stock. All I know is that the phone is very fast and I love the 1080p screen.

other than the occasional lag (and I think the "average" user doesn't even notice it) I love my S4. the overheating issues that had me a bit scared are non existent (so far) and the battery life, compared to the T-bolt and Rezound are out of this world. I have a friend who has the original razr maxx, and he has zero desire to upgrade, because he loves how long his battery lasts. plus, he's still got unlimited data.....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
other than the occasional lag (and I think the "average" user doesn't even notice it) I love my S4. the overheating issues that had me a bit scared are non existent (so far) and the battery life, compared to the T-bolt and Rezound are out of this world. I have a friend who has the original razr maxx, and he has zero desire to upgrade, because he loves how long his battery lasts. plus, he's still got unlimited data.....

With regards to your friends concern, I had the Tbolt, rezound, razr, razr maxx, gs3, and Note II. The Note II gets the best battery life and has the strongest radio of the bunch, even exceeding the razr maxx, in my personal experience. Can't comment on the GS4, since I don't have one though.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
With regards to your friends concern, I had the Tbolt, rezound, razr, razr maxx, gs3, and Note II. The Note II gets the best battery life and has the strongest radio of the bunch, even exceeding the razr maxx, in my personal experience. Can't comment on the GS4, since I don't have one though.

I'm having a "bit" of buyers remorse, choosing the S4 over the Note 2, only because of the extra battery life I would enjoy. I just could not get past that size. they were literally neck and neck up to the day of my upgrade, and I decided to go with the "newer" phone. time will tell if i made a mistake, but so far, no complaints.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a "bit" of buyers remorse, choosing the S4 over the Note 2, only because of the extra battery life I would enjoy. I just could not get past that size. they were literally neck and neck up to the day of my upgrade, and I decided to go with the "newer" phone. time will tell if i made a mistake, but so far, no complaints.

If it is just the battery life, you can get an extended battery. Of course, it does make the phone more bulky, but you can always get one for days when you will be away from the charger for extended periods of time. Or just get a spare stock battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC