Ringer Volume?

lefty923#AC

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, just got my first Android and I'm loving it. I have one problem with the Inspire. The ringer volume isn't anything compare to what my Blackberry was. If it's in my pocket and I'm driving (99% of the time) I can't hear it. I work and live in a noisy area, and I hate to miss calls because of this. Most of the info I've got off the web is that this is a design "flaw" and the only way around it is to root and modify. I just got this and I don't want to void the warranty much less root it at this time. Any help would be appreciated. Maybe I should just look into returning it and get the Atrix?

PID317

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree the ringer volume is almost impossible to hear if you have any sort of background noise going on. As far as being in the car and missing calls this is what I use.

Amazon.com: Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter WMA/MP3 Player for SD Card, USB Charger, iPhone 4, 3Gs & 3G, iPod Touch 4G, BlackBerry, HTC HD 2, 7, EVO, DROID, Samsung Epic, Galaxy S and Bluetooth Stereo A2DP supported Devices: Electro

It has a ringer that goes thru the radio so I at least know I can hear incoming calls in the car. Other than that don't know what to tell you.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Long ago I created on "old phone" ringtone that I still use today. Even in mid level noisy environments, the phone can be heard.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
ya I learned quickly that custom music type ringtones were cool in a quiet environment but turn the radio on or let a kid crank up his iPod near by and ya just might miss a call or two. Not with an old school ringer - everyone looks around and you can see "wth was that?!" in their eyes.

Kinda like putting the wife's phone in vibrate mode then waiting for her to put it in her pocket then calling it! Hehehehe

Something to be said for K.I.S.S.

I am old enough to know what that means. Almost as old as SWAG

frmorrison

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The app Volume+ (free) can increase the speaker's volume if you have the Gingerbread update. There is a free and paid version, but the free version worked well enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod