scott.sappington

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have tried to add my custom ringtones to the htc inspire and can not figure it out. I can not find a ringtone folder and when i try to add it, it does not see it.
Any suggestions

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I created a ringtones folder in the root folder of the sd card, clipped out 30 seconds of a song with audacity, exported it as an mp3 and placed it in the ringtones folder I created. Then I went to the home screen and tapped menu>ringtones and my custom ringtone was on the list.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I created a ringtones folder in the root folder of the sd card, clipped out 30 seconds of a song with audacity, exported it as an mp3 and placed it in the ringtones folder I created. Then I went to the home screen and tapped menu>ringtones and my custom ringtone was on the list.

+1 for Audacity! This is the exact same method I used. Basically all you have to do is go to the root folder of your SD and make a ringtones folder, the phone will do the rest and it should be available as a ringtone. I personally made a media folder > ringtones> whateveryourringtoneis.mp3 and that's it!

djsmom

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The Ringdroid app from the market works just like audacity, but right on the phone. Select any music file on your sd card and cut it to ringtone size and the file is saved in the right place. No need to use someone else's ringtone anymore.

Reactions: markoujk

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The two apps that I use for ringtones are "Music Search and Downloader" and "Ringdroid." I pick out the song I want on the search, and then once it downloads, I open it up with Ringdroid. I reccommend only doing this while on WiFi as it can use a lot of data pretty quick.

sugarcane

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
been a long time user of audacity (before apps were thought of).
i store all my custom ringtones here: On your SD card create folder media/audio/notifications/ringtones/alarms. put them all in the alarms folder. this also bypasses the 300kb for me.

omg_its_kerri

Mar 6, 2011
anovelpursuit.com
There is also a Mixer app for free in the Android Market. Like Ringdroid, you can use any music file on your phone, cut the section you want as a ringtone, and it'll save it to your ringtones folder. It's a free app, too.

I've used it a few times. I think it works pretty well.

Sent via Tapatalk on the HTC Inspire 4G.