Roam Only?

pahick

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Do you think anyone will create a Roam Only option for the Hero? I am coming from the Pre, and this hack proved very usefull. The Hero does get better reception, but its still spotty at work. An option such as this would be great for my new Hero. Thanks.

ebbtide

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I also need a roaming only option. WinMo 5 had it built in. Sprint removed it for winMo 6 but the cab was ripped out and installed on my touch pro.

Same problem as the guy above - my desk at work is in a very spotty area. This causes the phone to move in and out of roaming all day, draining the battery quickly. I need to be able to tell the phone to stay in roaming (verizon tower out front gives us great signal in the office). Anyone? I'd be willing to pay for it..

pahick

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
my work is the same way, verizon tower out front in parking lot. outside im fine. inside its bouncing between towers all day long. now that the Hero is rootable, I hope someone knowledgable spends some time creating a roam only option. as I said before, it made my Pre so much more usable. im sure the same could be said IF someone creates this for the Hero. im willing to beg if need be :p

pahick

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I know about both. Ill be good with roaming and Sprint. Again I used my Pre roam only and never had a problem. As far as Airave, my problem is only at work. Big plant, wouldnt work.Even if it would, gov. contractor...wouldnt be allowed(security).

sprint_fan

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I second the request. It would be nice at school where I can only get Verizon coverage well, zero-one bars of Sprint coverage and two-three with Verizon.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Two things - first, be careful with your roaming usage because Sprint will cancel your service if you use what they perceive to be too much off-network voice or data time. It's simple economics; why keep a customer that costs you money?

Second, I'd recommend looking into a Sprint Airave. $99 and a few bucks a month can be a great investment if your indoor coverage sucks bad enough. Sprint may even waive the $99 equipment cost if the signal in your area is consistently poor.

Just some things to consider!

- Tate

So if they cancel your service do you have to pay the ETF? If not, EPIC here I come!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reality3020