drummerman2008

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Back in the day sprint use to charge ppl for their phone roaming even if you didn't know your phone was roaming they still charged. Does sprint still charge for roaming?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They dont charge for roaming. They just cancel your service if you roam too much.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

omgnoname

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
My plan says roaming is included in price. I know I've roamed a few times because it tells you if you are. And I haven't been charged ever either...

Sent from my EPIC TOUCH using Android Central Forums

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
My plan says roaming is included in price. I know I've roamed a few times because it tells you if you are. And I haven't been charged ever either...

Sent from my EPIC TOUCH using Android Central Forums

Ok here is the deal with sprint!
You have unlimited In-network roaming, which mean say you live in the state of Michigan and then travel to texas, when you are in Texas your roaming but you are still on the sprint network and is unlimited. No triangle symbol
But if you where use someone else's towers, like Verizons then you would be out of network and Roaming, You are allowed 300mb of out of network roaming. Now you can go over that and still not get any charges, as long as you do make a habit of it month after month. (One month I used @ 1Gb of roaming)
You would know if you are roaming out of network by the triangle symbol that would appear on your noticafication bar, next to your 3G symbol or signal bars. As long you don't see that symbol then you are in network and unlimited. (unless your using a Modified Prl like 00001 then you will not see the roaming symbol)

omgnoname

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Ok here is the deal with sprint!
You have unlimited In-network roaming, which mean say you live in the state of Michigan and then travel to texas, when you are in Texas your roaming but you are still on the sprint network and is unlimited. No triangle symbol
But if you where use someone else's towers, like Verizons then you would be out of network and Roaming, You are allowed 300mb of out of network roaming. Now you can go over that and still not get any charges, as long as you do make a habit of it month after month. (One month I used @ 1Gb of roaming)
You would know if you are roaming out of network by the triangle symbol that would appear on your noticafication bar, next to your 3G symbol or signal bars. As long you don't see that symbol then you are in network and unlimited. (unless your using a Modified Prl like 00001 then you will not see the roaming symbol)

basically the worst case scenario with roaming on sprint is getting booted if your off network too much? The OP was asking if they charge for roaming. I haven't been charged yet. But I have noticed the triangle. Do they charge fees first? And thrn boot you if you do it too much? Just trying to understand and get a clear answer. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
basically the worst case scenario with roaming on sprint is getting booted if your off network too much? The OP was asking if they charge for roaming. I haven't been charged yet. But I have noticed the triangle. Do they charge fees first? And thrn boot you if you do it too much? Just trying to understand and get a clear answer. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
No they dont charge you fees, they usually send you a warning letter first to let you know your out of network roaming to much. If you continue then they send you a termination letter.

Reactions: omgnoname

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
They don't charge you. They send a letter telling you to look for another carrier and that you will be shut off in about a month. They give you that time so you can port your number.

I was told many times that my roaming was no problem but one day I got the letter. There was no warning letter.

I was forcing roam with an app and a 3G PRL but the entire reason was their worse-than-dialup speeds. I had high levels of roaming but I never would have if the native speeds were even remotely useable.