[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
When "dirty" flashing a new rom, I always wipe cache, davlik, and system. Unless you want a clean install, just skip the factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was asking if I could just flash the blue tooth zip file with out doing any type of wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I was asking if I could just flash the blue tooth zip file with out doing any type of wipe.

I would still wipe cache and davlik to be safe. But, the recent unofficial roms have the fix included. So, you may want to just flash the most recent version.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know why Nova Launcher isn't in the ROM anymore? Is it causing conflicts?

Not a big deal, it's in my restored apps. Although I don't want to use Nova Launcher if it's crippling something.
No conflicts.
It was decided that the user has that ability to choose their own launcher.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would still wipe cache and davlik to be safe. But, the recent unofficial roms have the fix included. So, you may want to just flash the most recent version.

Yeah I hear you but don't want to restore everything again after I just did a clean install. so I guess by the wipe cache and davlik wont bother anything.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on build 4. I don't know if this is related to B4, but timing indicates it might be.

When I use the voice search feature ("note to self", "where is the nearest gas station", etc.), it pulls up Chrome instead of Google Now (search) and I notice the URL goes to accounts.google.com. the end result is that I have no voice interaction with Google Now. anyone else seeing this?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Does SystemUI still crash relentlessly? ;)

Dylan good to see your name here... I am using Build 5, 2 issues no blue tooth and I can not get the volumes to all appear on on screen like in build 1 so I can adjust them all in 1 screen. I just read there is a leaked version of VZ 4.2.2

Xanth

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Dylan good to see your name here... I am using Build 5, 2 issues no blue tooth and I can not get the volumes to all appear on on screen like in build 1 so I can adjust them all in 1 screen. I just read there is a leaked version of VZ 4.2.2

Xanth

Oi. 4.2.2 seems to be a bit of a funky animal.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

Oi. 4.2.2 seems to be a bit of a funky animal.

It really isn't though. I ran into issues with 4.2.2 as well, but managed to solve them via the AOKP forums. One of the major issues you might notice is if you flashed the update with your volume rocker set to vibrate or silent and you use the volume keys after installation, you'll get a force close. There are two ways around that, one is to go back to a backup rom and flash that, set the volume up, and then reflash. Or the easier way is to remove all items from the toggle menu drop down bar and then re-apply all the items you wish.

The reason is because Roman rewrote the toggle code, which is causing a null error with anything saved from the previous ROM.

As far as the Bluetooth goes, I am having no issues with Build 5.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but make sure to use the latest GAPPS that was released a couple of days ago.

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
yes it does, i might go back to a 4.1 build 1 or 2 as I read AOKP 3 was a bad build i need the blue tooth to work.

Wondering how Jakeday's Rom work is doing?

You can also try using the Bluetooth fix which has worked big time. Just flash in recovery and it should increase the range and quality for you.

Of course flash at your own risk, etc.

Flash the BTFixTest.zip file in this directory

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It really isn't though. I ran into issues with 4.2.2 as well, but managed to solve them via the AOKP forums. One of the major issues you might notice is if you flashed the update with your volume rocker set to vibrate or silent and you use the volume keys after installation, you'll get a force close. There are two ways around that, one is to go back to a backup rom and flash that, set the volume up, and then reflash. Or the easier way is to remove all items from the toggle menu drop down bar and then re-apply all the items you wish.

As for blue tooth, it wont connect it wont find my blue tooth device so I don't think it would be a Gapps problem, some sort of code issue. I saw the new 2013-03-01gapps. I turn on my BT with the toggle to on, nothing, go into setting and it shows Galaxy Nexus CDMA 2 not visible to other Bluetooth devices
I tried to search for it nothing. so I am at a loss.

The reason is because Roman rewrote the toggle code, which is causing a null error with anything saved from the previous ROM.

As far as the Bluetooth goes, I am having no issues with Build 5.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but make sure to use the latest GAPPS that was released a couple of days ago.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You can also try using the Bluetooth fix which has worked big time. Just flash in recovery and it should increase the range and quality for you.

Of course flash at your own risk, etc.

Flash the BTFixTest.zip file in this directory

Tried to flash did not work in build 4 would flashing the ROM and gapps through goo manager have am effect rather than in twrp directly?

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried to flash did not work in build 4 would flashing the ROM and gapps through goo manager have am effect rather than in twrp directly?

It shouldn't since that's how I flashed it, but just in case, do you have the latest TWRP? I believe it is 2.4.2.0.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't since that's how I flashed it, but just in case, do you have the latest TWRP? I believe it is 2.4.2.0.

OK did a clean flash from TWRP and new gapps. Still no blue tooth connection.
did not try the BTFix yet. anyway to test the ear bud blue tooth?
May Ill try the build 1 and see what happens.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm on build 4. I don't know if this is related to B4, but timing indicates it might be.

When I use the voice search feature ("note to self", "where is the nearest gas station", etc.), it pulls up Chrome instead of Google Now (search) and I notice the URL goes to accounts.google.com. the end result is that I have no voice interaction with Google Now. anyone else seeing this?

So nobody else is having the problem I'm seeing and have quoted above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796