[ROM] [AndroidArea51] AreaRomQ v1.5 (L55C)

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
works on virgin mobile?

Okay it works but it switched my home and settings button, any idea how to swap em back?

Yeah reread the release post. Read what I said about flashing this on a slider since this was made for the optimus q.

-you have gb on and off animations
-window and transition animations
-300 point increase in benchmark performance!
-3g and speed tweaks
-reboot and recovery integrated power management options
-customized theme in both red and cyan
-adw from cm7
-ui rendering
-improved sound and graphics engines
-custom kernel
-and many more...
Also... how many of you are running this and what do you think. To be fair I don't think any rom for our devices is better. Id like to see a better rom. Lol. If you find one let me know. And that's from mobsterz, to hydro, to any other mod on these optimus q/slider series devices.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

raymix1000

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah reread the release post. Read what I said about flashing this on a slider since this was made for the optimus q.

-you have gb on and off animations
-window and transition animations
-300 point increase in benchmark performance!
-3g and speed tweaks
-reboot and recovery integrated power management options
-customized theme in both red and cyan
-adw from cm7
-ui rendering
-improved sound and graphics engines
-custom kernel
-and many more...
Also... how many of you are running this and what do you think. To be fair I don't think any rom for our devices is better. Id like to see a better rom. Lol. If you find one let me know. And that's from mobsterz, to hydro, to any other mod on these optimus q/slider series devices.

i'm currently running this on my lg optimus slider and it's a f***in dream come true.

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
How do you get into terminal emulated to install clockwork recovery? Do you download the app

Sent from my WX435 using Android Central Forums

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i'm currently running this on my lg optimus slider and it's a f***in dream come true.

lol thank you...

I'm trying to come up with some new things to put into this while we work on CM7/CM9. I can integrate beats audio but it will kill the DSP Manager I put into this. So I'm going to try to integrate the CM7's Music.apk's UI into the stock Music.apk's UI. It's much cleaner. I'm going to try to do it. If I can pull it off, I may go ahead and integrate Beats Audio. The reason why I won't put Beats in is because I use PowerAmp to play my music, and PowerAMP gets killed when Beats is integrated. It's really disappointing. I'm trying to find work arounds.... I'm also trying to figure out how to make that chainfire open gl graphics engine install at flash rather than go through the reboot install stuff. If I can figure that out I can integrate it into Settings.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So I have to say this is pretty sweet on the Slider, but even with the a2sd thing I still have to move the apps to the sd card manually?

No you don't. Follow the install instructions exactly (creating the ext4 sd-ext partition) and its automatic. It will still prompt you to move them but doing so will do nothing. A2sd tricks the phone into thinking the apps are internal when they're not.

iHideInTrees

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
No you don't. Follow the install instructions exactly (creating the ext4 sd-ext partition) and its automatic. It will still prompt you to move them but doing so will do nothing. A2sd tricks the phone into thinking the apps are internal when they're not.

Ahhh, so if I move them then are they not really moving because they are already moved?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Also... I know I just dropped v1.5 but I'm working on v1.6 too atm. We also have a new recovery environment available. RHG has successfully ported CWM Touch Recovery and TWRP (FULL TOUCH) recovery to the slider and q (we can use the same recoveries). I'll drop them in here for you all tomorrow after they finish beta testing. :)

Reactions: scottymacoo1

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome got it love the a2sd extra ram you guys are awesome thanks for all info and can't wait to keep flashing updates late nights getting digital runarounds paying off thanks again

triumphme

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Can I do that a2sd partition to any custom rom ex on my motorola triumph running cm9?

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Cm9 does it by default I believe if you create that sd partition. I could be wrong though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell