[ROM]Basic Debloat

kxs783kms

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
For those with problems with root and the above suggestions don't resolve it I will share what worked for me. I tried to restart (10 times) and it did not resolve issue for me. I updated SU from the market. Nothing. I attempted to download a SU zip from someone in the #thunderbolt irc channel and installing it from CWR and all it did was force close my SU. I ended up going back to the orignal guide from Android Police and went down to Step 7 and re-performed the 2nd half of the step:

To gain root:
adb shell
/data/local/psneuter
The following will remount /system and set up SU:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
/data/local/busybox cp /data/local/su /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

I restarted the phone it and SU began to work again. Hope this helps anyone who downloaded the original ROM.

I actually didn't get SU to work correctly, until I changed the last line from:

to:

chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

I'm not telling anyone else to do this, but I myself couldn't get it to work until I changed that command line.

Reactions: Treghc

Morlince

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know i just finished the rooting process installed the latest cwr from the market, ran the rom update through clockwork with no issues. Updated kernal with adb. Didn't lose root and no bloatware. Thanks!

Treghc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually didn't get SU to work correctly, until I changed the last line from:

to:

chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su

I'm not telling anyone else to do this, but I myself couldn't get it to work until I changed that command line.

This worked for me as well. Thanks.

Have this ROM installed now and everything is working perfectly. Many thanks to many people for this :D

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, so yesterday I went through the root process and everything worked wonderfully. Then I restored Data using my old Titanium backup records from my OG Droid. One of the things I restored was my wireless data (i.e. the networks and passwords). Now, however, my wifi no longer works. I get an error when starting Wifi. It turns on, starts scanning, but then I get an error that says "Unable to scan for networks" and WiFi disables itself automatically.

So I think I need to re-install the OS, was just gonna use this version but I'm also not 100% clear on what the steps are. can I flash the rom without the kernel?

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, so yesterday I went through the root process and everything worked wonderfully. Then I restored Data using my old Titanium backup records from my OG Droid. One of the things I restored was my wireless data (i.e. the networks and passwords). Now, however, my wifi no longer works. I get an error when starting Wifi. It turns on, starts scanning, but then I get an error that says "Unable to scan for networks" and WiFi disables itself automatically.

So I think I need to re-install the OS, was just gonna use this version but I'm also not 100% clear on what the steps are. can I flash the rom without the kernel?

I would think you just start in the middle of step 6th (where you put the RUU on your sd card and flash). Then follow steps 7 to 9. Please wait for someone else to confirm this before you try it. Just trying to make sure your question is addressed. I'm kind of a noob at this rooting thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

remmbermytitans

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to say that I went ahead and installed the ROM and lost root access. I assume I'm going to have to redo all the steps in order to get it back? Also, where do I put the boot.img file to push the kernel?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I would just like to say that I went ahead and installed the ROM and lost root access. I assume I'm going to have to redo all the steps in order to get it back? Also, where do I put the boot.img file to push the kernel?

Yeah I lost root as well. I tried getting it back with this:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM][3.19.2011]Basic Debloat

But I ran into numerous problems. first I had to re-push busybox and psneuter to the phone. Then I couldn't push them because I had to CHMOD 777 for each of those.

Now, I am stuck on this:

I get an error that says "can't stat '/data/loca/su': no such file or directory.

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
For those with problems with root and the above suggestions don't resolve it I will share what worked for me. I tried to restart (10 times) and it did not resolve issue for me. I updated SU from the market. Nothing. I attempted to download a SU zip from someone in the #thunderbolt irc channel and installing it from CWR and all it did was force close my SU. I ended up going back to the orignal guide from Android Police and went down to Step 7 and re-performed the 2nd half of the step:

To gain root:
adb shell
/data/local/psneuter
The following will remount /system and set up SU:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su

I restarted the phone it and SU began to work again. Hope this helps anyone who downloaded the original ROM.

I didn't have any problems w/ SU after installing the basic ROM until this morning when I tried to install and run AdFree Android. These steps fixed the issue. Thanks!

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Okay, so I re-rooted and have the original ROM that comes from HTC. Should I bother updating the ROM now and risk losing root?

Only a few people are having trouble with the Super User app force closing. This doesn't mean you have completely lost root. You just can't run apps that request su access when opened. The fix is to repeat one step of the root process. Took me 5 minutes to fix.

Reactions: Mapex

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Only a few people are having trouble with the Super User app force closing. This doesn't mean you have completely lost root. You just can't run apps that request su access when opened. The fix is to repeat one step of the root process. Took me 5 minutes to fix.

This. All you have to do is push psneuter and su again, then run psneuter and then change all the settings for su and move it into the right directory.

Hobbessti

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So i put the debloated rom on and there is no Visual Voice mail, so i downloaded the APK but cannot install it, any ideas how to go about this

Mapex

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
failed to copy 'VVM.apk' to '/system/app//VVM.apk': Read-only file system
thats what im getting

That was the short version. I am going to assume you are new to this, so don't take offense to my step through:

> adb push VVM.apk /data/local/
> adb shell
$ su
(click Accept on your phone if a Superuser prompt appears)
# mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
# mv /data/local/VVM.apk /system/app/VVM.apk
# exit
$ exit
>

You have to push the file into memory from your computer so it can be accessed from within adb shell, so we place it in an arbitrary temporary directory (i.e. /data/local/). Second, you want to run adb shell and get super-user permissions to be freely able to modify everything. Then, you need to mount the /system directory in such a way that you have read-write access to it. Finally, you can move the file you wanted from its temporary folder to the appropriate directory.

Reactions: Hobbessti

Hobbessti

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
ok i got it into /system/app/
then how do i load it?? just restart? and you were right to guess that im new to this, because this is my first root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid