[ROM]Basic Debloat

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL I'm still running his ROM on my OMNIA.

I used to like that phone but absolutely hate it now. So unresponsive. I had the omnia, then the fascinate, and now the thunderbolt. Guess I have been lucky to have the same phones as adrynolane, because he really does great work. I don't know how he makes time to do all he does?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

asianrage

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to like that phone but absolutely hate it now. So unresponsive. I had the omnia, then the fascinate, and now the thunderbolt. Guess I have been lucky to have the same phones as adrynolane, because he really does great work. I don't know how he makes time to do all he does?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I got over the Omnia year ago, but didn't want to switch to a new phone yet. Once my Bolt get here, I'll be dropping like it's hot. I'm waiting for one click root to be made available then I'll switch to a good clean rom once Adrynalyne is done with it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
what is de-oxexed? zip aligned for us noobs... Thanx!

i am not to clear about zipaligned.

odexed apps are split up into pieces, the system has peices of the app set aside so that it can access them faster upon booting . this fragmentation of the apps makes it difficult to apply themes and such. so the process of deodexing is taking those fragmants of the app and repackaging them into one file. it isnt as fast setting up the apps but it allows you do more customization.. this is my understanding of it , i could be wrong

Reactions: Guntherm

evilmunkeh

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For those with problems with root and the above suggestions don't resolve it I will share what worked for me. I tried to restart (10 times) and it did not resolve issue for me. I updated SU from the market. Nothing. I attempted to download a SU zip from someone in the #thunderbolt irc channel and installing it from CWR and all it did was force close my SU. I ended up going back to the orignal guide from Android Police and went down to Step 7 and re-performed the 2nd half of the step:

To gain root:
adb shell
/data/local/psneuter
The following will remount /system and set up SU:
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /system
/data/local/busybox cp /data/local/su /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

I restarted the phone it and SU began to work again. Hope this helps anyone who downloaded the original ROM.

Reactions: jokerls240

jokerls240

Nov 10, 2009
www.facebook.com
Thanks, Adrynalyne, for building this and other ROMs, and especially for leaving the HTC "bloat" in this build. It's great for those of us that love Sense but not VZ apps.

I'll buy you a case of beer one day! Keep up the good work!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid