[ROM]CM10.1/PAC-rom jb 4.2.2 The JBC alpha build

rig99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

These are awesome thanks for making them available. I got bummed out after installing though. The main reason I wanted jellybean was utter's offline voice commands. Unfortunately utter and voice search are broken in everything I've tried. Would that be a simple fix such as finding the right gapps package / kernel or is it a bug in the rom?

Last edited:

mikemillsjr

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][WIP] CM10.1 jb 4.2.1 The JBC alpha build

Anyone know where to find a compatiable version of gapps? All the links appear to be down and I didn't see it in thekraven's temp folder.

rig99

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
JBC with squid kernel Is my current daily driver. It was good before the battery indicator was fixed but it's soo much better being able to see it update without cycling the screen off and on. Not to mention I actually did miss the fast charge hack

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

May I ask which squid kernel you're using and your install process? Every squid kernel I install breaks wifi but allows my phone to charge whereas plain JBC build 6 has working wifi but no ability to charge :-\

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
May I ask which squid kernel you're using and your install process? Every squid kernel I install breaks wifi but allows my phone to charge whereas plain JBC build 6 has working wifi but no ability to charge :-\

I'm running 2b... It's been a while since I flashed so I'm a little cloudy on what order I flashed everything but I've got everything working

Tapatalk'n Squid style! Android 4.2.2 JBC on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been away from AC for some time, and I wanna see if the KitKat apps will work lol. I've got them on my SSD, ready to install, will report in a few.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
How can we update Google Search? I can't even get it sideloaded.

You can't. Every version of Google Search after 2.1x seems to require extra libs or patched libs (even if you could) that cannot fit on to the V/S's tiny system partition and/or requires an ARMV7 or higher processor. Sideloading will result in FCs.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been away from AC for some time, and I wanna see if the KitKat apps will work lol. I've got them on my SSD, ready to install, will report in a few.

Might have some trouble. You should be able to get Gmail, maybe Google+. The launcher is a no-go. You would be able to get the new Google Play Services apk in but the other two, especially Velvet.apk would be impossible. Later versions of Search seems to require at least ARMv7 and/or new (or add'l) libs the V and S's system partition cannot take due to its tiny size.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Damn. I was afraid of that. Thanks.

Without an updated version the Launcher does not work, as it requires 3 files. The PreGMSCore.apk, Launcher.apk AND velvet.apk with the patched libs and .so files. Only the PreGMSCore.apk can be installed on the S/V as long as there is at least 10 mb free of system space via traditional install or at least 5 mb if you choose to sideload it by hand and change the pertinent R/W permissions via a file manager with root privileges.

Eduardo Galvan

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Might have some trouble. You should be able to get Gmail, maybe Google+. The launcher is a no-go. You would be able to get the new Google Play Services apk in but the other two, especially Velvet.apk would be impossible. Later versions of Search seems to require at least ARMv7 and/or new (or add'l) libs the V and S's system partition cannot take due to its tiny size.

Installed a 3 .apks. Worked. Google Now will just randomly close b/c no ARMv7. PreBuiltGMSCore, ok. And launcher is a no go lol

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd mention that USB tethering works with the new 3.0.8 kernel.... At least with Linux os it does. And that's on 10.1 and the 10.2 builds

Tapatalk'n it from Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2 by TheKraven on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware

fortyquid

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else find that the latest (Dec 13th) Google+ update broke the app on this ROM? Installing an older apk doesn't work, as it seems to update itself immediately and then fc constantly.

How about Google Maps? I have to run 6.9, as 7+ is unuseable on this ROM.

Anybody else? Any suggestions?

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Anybody else find that the latest (Dec 13th) Google+ update broke the app on this ROM? Installing an older apk doesn't work, as it seems to update itself immediately and then fc constantly.

How about Google Maps? I have to run 6.9, as 7+ is unuseable on this ROM.

Anybody else? Any suggestions?

G+ is also broken on SlimBean, so it's not a ROM issue.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My Epic 4G Touch died so I'm using this old guy again. What are you folks using for sd-ext mounting? I tried Cronmod the newest one but it wouldn't install correctly.. Anyone have experience with Mounts2SD?

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I do, it's worked brilliantly on every Rom/handset combo I've tried it with (four different phones with about a dozen Roms ranging from GB to KK.) I have no problem giving it an enthusiastic recommendation.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

TrikkJames

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm having a really hard time finding all the files necessary to install this.

Someone please send me the *proper* links... Links I click here seem to be no longer working.
*PAC-ROM or JBC, latest with compatible virgin fix, latest
*Gapps

*Edit*: No longer needed, disregard this post.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201