[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this rom....works great. Only issue was myverizon...but I got that fixed.

However....Samsung's Media Hub is no longer listed in the apps. When I bought the phone, there was a $25 credit for movies, tv. I would sure like to install that again to use up the credit.

Any suggestions on where I can get the apk. I checked the market and nothing.

Copied from kejar's post
-Toolbox
*To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
*The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Copied from kejar's post
-Toolbox
*To access open Terminal Emulator and type $su the #gummytoolbox
*The toolbox will allow you to add back apps such as MediaHub, DLNA, MusicMod and VVM

Thanks...will give it a try. I found mediahub in a posting, installed it and all was fine. But when I signed in, my $25 credit was gone. Will try the Term. Emul. way and see if that is a different version or ???

Other app I was using and would like to get back was a widget that would show you the number of apps running and you could click on it and then end all. I was not an app from the market, it was stock with the phone and worked great. But I have no idea what it was called nor do I have a screen shot to go back and look to see. Any help ????

Halo

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the $25 credit too, but never used it. Not that big of deal to me. And I'm not sure if the Gummy Toolbox app will bring back your credit, but it would definitely be good to know!

Maybe go to the Verizon store and play around with their Charge they have on display to find the widget you're looking for.

ColSaulTigh

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just installed this rom....works great. Only issue was myverizon...but I got that fixed.

However....Samsung's Media Hub is no longer listed in the apps. When I bought the phone, there was a $25 credit for movies, tv. I would sure like to install that again to use up the credit.

Any suggestions on where I can get the apk. I checked the market and nothing.

You can add it using the Gummy Toolbox. Search this thread, instructions are in here somewhere.

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the $25 credit too, but never used it. Not that big of deal to me. And I'm not sure if the Gummy Toolbox app will bring back your credit, but it would definitely be good to know!

Maybe go to the Verizon store and play around with their Charge they have on display to find the widget you're looking for.

Found the app (media hub) on the forum and downloaded...but it did not show my $25 credit.

Then used the gummy toolbox to install it...it loaded a second version and when launched, my credit was there. So I removed the first one.

Samsung Media Hub will work and show your $credits if you use gummytoolbox to install it.

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After installing the ROM, I'm not getting any blocked ads. Any ideas as to why? I went into the terminal to try to fix it with no success.

My other question is, can I restore my icon locations using Titanium Backup.

Last edited:

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone unable to change the overall font size under Spare Parts? I select small (or any other setting) and when I re-open Spare Parts, it's back to the setting normal. This ROM is also causing many of my applications to crash, something which didn't happen before.

Also, no answer on adblock not working?

cpsheba

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Gummy Charged, Camera and Settings Problems

I have Gummy Charged 1.8.5 and PeanutButta Jelly Time with voodoo lagfix.

The problems I am having are:

1. Everytime I use the stock camera (icon), the phone shuts off. At one point after a camera crash, the phone would no longer boot up correctly. Downloaded Retro Cam to test and it appears to work ok.

2. Settings for notification sounds in email won't stay as selected. Always goes back to default setting of "droid".

I have wiped everything a couple times and reinstalled, but I am still having the problems.

I have looked at several posts and read where the camera problems were fixed in the 1.8.5 release.

Other than these issues, everything appears to be working fine.

Thanks for any input.:)

torch7890

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
anyone know where i can get the weatherbug/clock widget that came with TW? i downloaded one from the market but it's not the same. that was the only option from the stock charge that i miss

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm coming from the Fascinate forums and I tried rooting my Charge. It just boot loops the samsung logo, and it'll go into CWM but it wont read the SD card. Any ideas? :/

torch7890

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
i just refreshed my battery by fully charging it and clearing the battery cache then letting it drain and charging it up again. when i turned it back on, i kept randomly getting force close errors for various applications. i tried uninstalling and re-installing the applications and then i wiped all user data and cache data and re-installing GC still getting errors. any thoughts?

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from ab5 to gummy and the email app keeps force closing. Anyone have thos problem or any suggestions on how to fix it! Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk