[ROM][EE4] GummyCHARGED 1.8 6/22/2011

P1X3LPU5H3R

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Easy work around for Backup Assitant not working. You can log into your backup assistant accont at this address, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...services/backup-assistantplus/&token=7G0khqxQ and choose to export your contacts for an email accoint ie google. It will export them to a CSV file. Log into your gmail account and import them. Then sync your contacts with gmail and there ya go. Takes about 3 mins to complete from start to finsh.

WAY better than restoring Backup Assistant in the first place! Thanks for the very helpful tip. :)

Reactions: papa54

ups2525

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have spent the last 6 hours reading, downloading, wiping, reflashing gummy, reading on the backup assistant website, and I open Backup Assistant and get a black screen JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!! I have looked at the BA website and there is no export option only import and that does NOTHING! Im a UPS driver and have 558 contacts saved on BA and Im up s!@t creek without a paddle if I cant get BA up and syncing ASAP! I have tried and tried and tried again to flash/load the patch provided but it doesn't work. Someone PLEASE chime in and give me a step by step explination of how to get BA installed...PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I hope ya'll don't mind me asking this...it may have been answered already. This thread is VERY long so I may have just mssed it.

I just got my charge and would ike to try flashing a ROM. I'm familiar with flashing as I came from a Fasciante. But there is one item in the stock ROM I want to keep, and that's the voice recognition...Nuance. Is that in this ROM, or can it be installed?

Again, if this has been answeredd or addressed, please excuse me.

Thanks!

Donkey Droid

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Looking to get stock Charge Twlauncher with stock widget set working on Gummy Charged. I have the odexed apk's for the launcher itself and all the widgets. When I put them in the system/app folder with Root Explorer and reboot, neither the launcher or the widgets is available. Something about them has to be altered slightly from their stock configuration, but I'm too much of a noob to know what or how.

I know other launchers are out there, but I like stock the best. Also, I've tried modded TW4 but find it too buggy for me. Does anybody have the stock apk's for Twlauncher and its widgets that will function in Gummy Charged? Thanks!

Thank you Kejar for all your great work!

draykas

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
:D well I must give big kudos to Gummycharged and everyones post on the forum I was trying to root my phone and bricked it pretty good. I just got the charged and had some droid 1 rooted and loved them but it was time to upgrade. So I got a new crash course in the difrences with the Samsung and with all the good info and posts + Gummy charged finally got it unbricked and its booted/rooted :-D thanks and must add XDA forum was also a big help

SoonerLater

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am on Android 2.3.4, Baseband i510.06 V.EP1 and SCH-I510.EP1F and Kernal 2.6.35.7.EP1. My charge is rooted. I think that the Voodoo lagfix is applied. I say that I think that it is, because it was when I was on Froyo before moving up to Gingerbread. However, I'm not clear whether the GB install that I did wiped, re-wrote, re-formatted everything back to the old file system.

1. How can I verify whether Voodoo lagfix (change of file system from RFS file system to the EXT4 file system) is installed on my phone?

EDIT: I found out how to determine if Voodoo Lagfix is enabled by reading this thread. Instructions: using terminal emulator, issue the "Mount" command and then look to see whether "RFS" or "EXT4" is in certain places of the output. As it turns out, I'm not running the Lagfix currently.

2. Does it matter whether Voodoo lagifix is installed before I install Gummy Chaged 2.0?

3. Assuming that Voodoo lagfix won't cause me problems, can I just install Gummy Charged 2.0 over the top of my current installation? Or do I need to install something else (e.g. EP1Q per this thread) before I can install Gummy Charged 2.0?

I really liked Gingerbread at first, but there are many problem (such as phone re-dialing the last number dialed about 20 times after I hang up). I'm ready to move up to Gummy Charged 2.0, but don't want to brick my phone skipping a critical step.

Last edited:

Franco1989

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
First off i thank you kejar for this amazing rom..I running gummycharged 2.0 but im having an issue with my contacts. I cant seem to backup my contacts, it keeps giving me a quite message. I was told to download a backupzip with cwr but then what? Sorry im completely new to this so i apologize if this is a stupid question. any help his greatly appreciated.

sheldonblack

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my charge yesterday, my 1st root ever, everything went smooth and im lovimg the GC 1.9.1 My only issue is NFL mobile hasnt worked since. Is there an issue with this app right now or did I lose something necessary to make it run when I flashed this rom?

LinkinPrime

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here on GummyCharged GBE 2.1?

I got mine installed but it seems to lag from time to time. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and has any tips. I'm pretty new to rooting, I had GBE 2.0 for about a week until 2.1 got release, and reflashed it. Still lags/freezes but not as much as 2.0.

kraisydave

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone here on GummyCharged GBE 2.1?

I got mine installed but it seems to lag from time to time. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and has any tips. I'm pretty new to rooting, I had GBE 2.0 for about a week until 2.1 got release, and reflashed it. Still lags/freezes but not as much as 2.0.

Interesting. I am not running into any problem like that. I would suggest you flash again fresh, but without any apps. Restore the apps one by one till you find the issue. I am betting this is the case as it was for me on Gummy 1.9. I am now on 2.1.

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube
Android, Tech, HDR Photos
@kraisydave

Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Coupla things:

1. Is there a fix for the random static issue? I have the EE4 radio.
2. My phone been off charger all day with zero active screen time, yet the battery history says that 80% of my battery has been devoted to my display. I've gone from 100 to 23% in 7 hours. Using this math, I've lost 62% of my battery to a inactive screen.
3. My camera randomly opens and locks...also, is there any work on making the power button a shutter?
4. Uploading a image to gmail only works 10% of the time and I get a handshake abort error when trying to set up my Network Solutions mail.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ryan_charge

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a new staten update the other day. Didn't install it but can I? Our is there a gummy update that had it included? If not how do I get rid of it?
Thanks
Ryan

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Kandoo-BB

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
i put 2.0 on my aunts charge the other day using crazy daves youtube instructions,by the way tu dave as it was my first time rooting and flashing but when i tried to update to the 2.1 i kept getting the samsung screen over and over again and it never loaded so i stayed on 2.0. So my question is ....Should i upgrade to 2.1 and if so why? i cant speak on the performance as iys not my phone but i do know she loves the new look of her charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d