[ROM][ICS] Pete Alfonso's Nightlies

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I still have the error. Not sure whats going on. Its weird. I can buy apps from the website but not the android play app. I don't know. Its not the end of the world right now but its annoying. Not enough to get me to leave the ROM.
:::: talking with peter through twitter to see if we can get this resolved. Anyone else having this error?::::

Yeah, ping him in twitter, i saw somebody else asked him morning on twitter, and he said he fixed in his latest ROM.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So far i don't see anything different.
Now, for the first time ever, i'm trying to set the wallet, and while i didn't have any problems in the setup, i see a message that says unsupported device when i start the wallet. clicking in the link to learn more about the warning, it says unsupported device policy, some users may disable important security mechanisms in order to gain system-lvel "root" access to their phone. ... We are unable to support devices with unauthorized operating systems....." etc, etc.

And i was wondering if you guys have had any issues using wallet even though this warning is at the top of the screen when the app is running ?
That's just Google saying they can't be responsible for any security breaches of Wallet if you're using it on a rooted device. It's a normal warning and Wallet should still work perfectly fine.

802dan

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having any issues with the 4G icon not showing in the status bar when using the battery mod? Also the cell bars disappears whenever connected to wifi.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Found something that doesn't work, Wifi theater. Everytime i turn on the Wifi theater, the data connection turns grey, and my laptops won't connect to the internet. I can connect fine to the phone, but i think the DNS doesn't work. Pdanet works (USB theater), in both, Win XP and Win 7, so it's not a big deal, but this used to work in Peter's 4.0.3

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. I never use tether. Maybe I will try tonight and see what happens. If I do I use the wifi, tether app.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

esoh

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Found something that doesn't work, Wifi theater. Everytime i turn on the Wifi theater, the data connection turns grey, and my laptops won't connect to the internet. I can connect fine to the phone, but i think the DNS doesn't work. Pdanet works (USB theater), in both, Win XP and Win 7, so it's not a big deal, but this used to work in Peter's 4.0.3

You need to apply Pete's Wifi tether fix (found on his website Peter Alfonso under downloads for Crespo4G. It was originally built for GB but works for ICS as well.

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just in case people are still having troubles with their play market try this. It has worked for a bunch of people.

I solved the Google Play purchase issue for myself and thought I would share for others interested. I downloaded a new gapps package from the goomanager app. Wiped Google System Frameworks, Google Play Store, rebooted into recovery and flashed the zip. At first it wouldn't allow me to sign into Google accounts so I wiped Frameworks again, rebooted and voila! Hope this helps someone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali