ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It I wasn't too lazy I'd make you a screenshot of one of my cooked themes. I have one that is FULLY transparent. All you can see is text and icons. The rest is all my wallpaper...including the status bar.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It I wasn't too lazy I'd make you a screenshot of one of my cooked themes. I have one that is FULLY transparent. All you can see is text and icons. The rest is all my wallpaper...including the status bar.

thanks tried it out. seems like the transparency isn't consistent when going from lockscreen to homescreen and vice versa.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I just want to say THANK YOU for this ROM. My two biggest needs (a lot more internal memory and a TWS bugfix) were met thanks to you. Love it! Keep up the good work!

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a problem with wifi? Cause I cant connect to my WPA/WPA2-PSK setup at home but I can connect to the open network.

It worked when I was on aospCMOD 7

Edit: I fixed it :D

Reactions: bmwkeith

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
this rom has better battery life as long as im in areas where there is signal. used it for 2 days. the TWS bug is in this rom and its making me get worse battery life in areas with low signal like my house and areas that i frequent.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
this rom has better battery life as long as im in areas where there is signal. used it for 2 days. the TWS bug is in this rom and its making me get worse battery life in areas with low signal like my house and areas that i frequent.

You still get the TWS bug? I haven't had the bug since I installed this ROM.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
That might not be a result of a bug. Low signal WILL kill your battery.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Yup. I live in a very low signal spot, and my TWS is always over 70%. My battery only lasts 2 days before I have to plug it in, and I hardly use my phone. When I was out of town and TWS was less than 5% it lasted 3+ days.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
FYI, the TWS Bug is only when the TWS is always stuck at exactly 50%. If you merely have a high TWS, then you don't have the bug. You live in a low signal area.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

As mmarz pointed out, the TWS bug is when it's stuck at 50% and will not move away from 50% at all, and that bug is definitely not in this ROM. If you're still getting it, you probably flashed a theme or mod that removed the bug-fix. You can have very low signal strength and still have TWS under 2%. And when I say very low, I mean 0 bars but still connected. In my apartment I quite often see 0 bars, but I never see TWS go over 5%. So, low signal does not mean you'll get high TWS numbers. If TWS is over 50% then there is faulty radio/tower communication happening (unless, of course, the signal is so low that you actually lose contact with the tower altogether for quite a bit of time), and that will drain your battery pretty quick.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Any word on new major kernel you were working on? I can't wait! I love how this rom focuses on performance and not on looks.

Still working on it, turned out to be a bigger project than I thought at first. Also, a mod on xda has threatened to remove the Bumblebee thread unless I post the current source, so I've been having to get that in a suitable format to post as well, which has slowed me down a bit. (Funny they haven't pulled the aospCMod thread on the same grounds, since he's never released any of his source, but oh well).

But I'm still working on it, and hope to have something to upload soon.

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing the new 3.0 beta Swype Keyboard? I can't uninstall the old version from my phone.

Optimus V - BumbleBee 2.4

Last edited:

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Still working on it, turned out to be a bigger project than I thought at first. Also, a mod on xda has threatened to remove the Bumblebee thread unless I post the current source, so I've been having to get that in a suitable format to post as well, which has slowed me down a bit. (Funny they haven't pulled the aospCMod thread on the same grounds, since he's never released any of his source, but oh well).

But I'm still working on it, and hope to have something to upload soon.

I dont get why you have to post your source code. Keep up the good work, no rush.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried installing the new 3.0 beta Swype Keyboard? I can't uninstall the old version from my phone.

Being a system app you will have to remove the old version using adb or a root explorer such as file expert.

Edit: make sure you reboot the phone after removing it

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
(Funny they haven't pulled the aospCMod thread on the same grounds, since he's never released any of his source, but oh well).

Was thinking this EXACT same thing as I was reading what your post lol.

You have to use a root uninstaller to remove the old version. There is actually one app called root uninstaller I like to use and it is free. :)
I also believe that you might be able to run the swype installer and it will uninstall the previous version for you. Would make sense but not sure of this or not.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I dont get why you have to post your source code. Keep up the good work, no rush.

Technically speaking, and I should point out that most devs don't do this; anything coded over an open source/gpl related project is required to have the source code posted or linked in some way as well. It's one of the major things that gets linux builders in trouble as well. Easy solution though, if your code is really built from open source and your own modifications, post the source :D

I'm sure obijohn has it covered.

Btw; though I'm an S user and happy with my current rom I still have to say this one does look awesome, I'm curious about the SD read tweak as well, haven't really read anything about that before.

Edit: Wow, a re-read of that and I feel really redundant, I want to strike out several of those 'as well's but I'm too lazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow